Tire Iron with poly protection for rims

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
so i just got a manual tire changer in and i have a question...

it came with a "demount" bar, or tire iron, or however you wanna say it... but it FUCKS rims up royally, scrathes and such...

so during the course of my searching for the tire changer I found a set of tire irons that had some polyurethane coating to protect rims... but now i can't seem to find it...

so if anyone has any info on where to find these things i would greatly appreciate it, or if you have any ideas how to fix the one i have to protect rims i would appreciate it

i have tried using pvc tubing, tape, gafting, duct, and electrical, i have also tried rags etc etc...

thanks in advance
 

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
damn you to hell
lol

< = jealous

so what is yours like?
a long bar? ot the 15" long spoon type?
do oyu have a manual changer? if so do you like it?

thanks for the reply

well, i checked both sears.com and craftsman.com and neither had anything damn it
lol
i think the set i saw was on ebay and it has various poly coated tools but it was like $150, where did you get yours?you know the name of it? are you happy with it? you wanna sell it? lol
 

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 5 2004, 06:45 PM
damn you to hell
lol

< = jealous

so what is yours like?
a long bar? ot the 15" long spoon type?
do oyu have a manual changer? if so do you like it?

thanks for the reply

well, i checked both sears.com and craftsman.com and neither had anything damn it
lol
i think the set i saw was on ebay and it has various poly coated tools but it was like $150, where did you get yours?you know the name of it? are you happy with it? you wanna sell it? lol

It's just a lugwrench with a then rubber cover over the outside.
 

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
lol, already thought about that cyclone, and i think it would rip the dipped stuff right off...

and your lug wrench is a tire iron, or just a lug wrench?

i'm talking about the kind that you use to mount and dismount tires...

thanks again
 

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 5 2004, 11:57 PM
lol, already thought about that cyclone, and i think it would rip the dipped stuff right off...

and your lug wrench is a tire iron, or just a lug wrench?

i'm talking about the kind that you use to mount and dismount tires...

thanks again

Four point. You could get some of the polyurethane used for solidifying mounts, and dip the end in it, just be sure to tape up the hole for the nut.
 
umm I think you guys are refering to the tool used to remove wheels from cars, reckedracing is talking about a tool used to remove/install tires onto wheels :)
 

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Originally posted by CRX_m0nkey@Apr 6 2004, 01:41 AM
umm I think you guys are refering to the tool used to remove wheels from cars, reckedracing is talking about a tool used to remove/install tires onto wheels :)

You're right, I'm tired. and no the ones at our shop are just the metal spoon looking ones, all hydraulic.
 

Canuck 93 Civic Si

Senior Member
if your talking about the big tire machines that rotate the rim and use a "spoony thing" to wrap the bead around the rim. Try setting the spoon back away from the rim so its not touching it. Try about 1/2 inch away cuz when the tire starts going on itll pull the spoon towards the rim. Thats what ive always done with alloy rims at work, well the old work ( just got a new job :D ) and its worked great. Ive even had people refer friends to ask for me to install tires for them cuz i dont scratch them like the other butchers in the shop.

Hope that helps
Sean
 

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
all you lucky fucks with your auto tire machines
lol

i got one of the old school bolt the bitch to the floor and take the tire off with good ole elbow grease
lol

so thanks for all the advice but i think we're on diffrent pages
 
Top