Tire options

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cheese9988

VIP
Looking for some halfway decent cheap tires. The tires I have on now are r13 60 p185, not sure of exact rim size. The car never gets driven in the winter, so looking more for more of a dry traction. $50-$75 range because I'm poor. TireRack.com has a couple, what do you guys think of them?

Originally posted by cheese9988@Jul 11 2005, 07:24 PM
Looking for some halfway decent cheap tires. The tires I have on now are r13 60 p185, not sure of exact rim size. The car never gets driven in the winter, so looking more for more of a dry traction. $50-$75 range because I'm poor. TireRack.com has a couple, what do you guys think of them?
[post=524335]Quoted post[/post]​

first, what size rims do you want to put on them.

In my thread about hankook tires (about 2 threads down), I listed the most popular good tires under 100.

Originally posted by cheese9988@Jul 11 2005, 10:19 PM
I think thier 13" rims that are on there now...but I'll read your thread.
[post=524414]Quoted post[/post]​

Look at your tires. I will use my oem tire size as an example of what everything thing means. The side of the tire, there is a number that says 185/60r14. This means they are 185mm wide. The 60 means the side wall is 60% of the tires width, or 185mm*.6=about 111mm tall. The 14 means that the inner diameter of the tire (or rim size) is 14.

Edit, now that I read your orginal thread, you have 185/60r13's. IMO, step up to some new wheels. 14's open you up to TONS more tires. Unless your willing to shell out tons of money for basicly r-compound racing tires, there are no good tires to get. Alot of people run shimitos (sp) or somehting like that on VX wheels (they are a 9lb 13inch OEM wheel) but they are basicly just a plane jane all season. If you step up to 14's, you can buy the new hankooks, at least the old azenies (not sure if they make the new azenis in that size but i would assume that they do) as well as a few other good tires.

Back