Top gear coming to US

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Top gear bashes on American cars all the tme. Thats one reason i like the show. the fact that they get to drive these supercars and explain in detail why it makes them so nice. NOT the fact that it looks good and has xxx HP. Thats what i see here in the shows we have here.

I sure hope its not another cookie cutter like rides or some shit.

speaking of
1200432073881.jpg

Top Gear always has something to talk about. Other shows, like AutoWeek are great if you're not getting enough sleep.

Without Jeremy Clarkson, there wouldn't be a Top Gear if you ask me...he makes the show.

Exactly.

Why not just re-broadcast the UK version? Oh wait, that wont make NBC any money:

Product-placement heaven: NBC calls the Top Gear program an "innovative way to partner with our advertisers." (Photo courtesy of Top Gear)

Yeah, I'd only be interested to see the uncut, un-filtered, non-US car version of Top Gear. I'm going to hate seeing the watered down, cookie-cutter shit that comes out from NBC. Clarkson makes Top Gear - without him it really can't size up to the real deal. Any more details on the new "cast".

My guess:

Vin Diesel and Ice Tea. :eek::eek::eek:confused:

The show will suck.

NBC already stated they wish to use it as a platform to work with their advertisers. .

. . now think about how most cars on the US market are utter shit. We wont get to see anything cool. I can see episode 1 of the US version of Top gear talking about the new Chevy Cobalt.

i dont see this working without jeremey.

i think its gonna flop after the first season.

i dont see this working without jeremey.

i think its gonna flop after the first season.

I don't think it'll make it through a whole season. As has been stated, there really aren't enough cool cars in america to make the show interesting....well, there may be, but most of them have probably been in some sort of telivised spotlight that the majority of car nuts have already seen.

I'd love for it to work out over here, but I think one of the reasons I like Top Gear so much is because its not readily available to us Americans and it hasn't been spoiled by the corporate world.

Dude, I'm corporate, and even I have no fucking clue what that means.

It means that NBC wishes to use the show as a means to make money from car manufacturers.

I.E. if FORD pays NBC more money than GM, the Ford's vehicle will get a higher review on the show than competing GM or Chrysler products for that given episode.

The show will suck.

NBC already stated they wish to use it as a platform to work with their advertisers. .

. . now think about how most cars on the US market are utter shit. We wont get to see anything cool. I can see episode 1 of the US version of Top gear talking about the new Chevy Cobalt.
i was thinking the new turbo focus.
Dude, I'm corporate, and even I have no fucking clue what that means.
it means it's going to be like watching "tool time" when they say shit like, "and when you are installing new floors, use binford floor cutter".

i hate american car shows. it's 6 minutes of car and 54 minutes of advertising. everytime they say "change your oil" they hold up a bottle of lucas or valvoline. every brake change is "brand x". it's like the fucking price is right. plus, they will have commercials sponsored by the companies to. what a cram fest.

Back