Tranny S40

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tein

So much with a little D
are all Civic S40 tranny are the same or they are different types?

that's the 5 speed tranny for the d16y8, but I hear that some are with a short shift....
basically I just want to know if the 5 speed from a dx is the same at the one from a ex?

that's the 5 speed tranny for the d16y8, but I hear that some are with a short shift....
basically I just want to know if the 5 speed from a dx is the same at the one from a ex?

id say no because the 92-95 dx and ex trannies are different. the dx has longer gears then the ex

No, they're not the same. EX/Si trannies are geared more aggressively and have slightly shorter final drive ratios then the LX/DX transmissions.

Why are you inquiring?

Cause I have both at home and I they look like the same, actually both said S40 but one came out of a 97 DX and the other one from a 98 EX.... I am almost done with the swap... I just need to droped on the engine bay...

i also made the Fucking mistake of adding new bearings and oil seal to the one that came from the DX,,,, So now I will need to spend more money on changing everything back to the EX one..
that's what happened when you don't research.... Fuck!

Yeah, I a lot of the D-series transmissions are simply labeled "S40". The gear ratios on the EX/Si ones are better though. If the EX tranny is still usable I'd go with that one, you'll accelerate faster.

An by the way I will send the S40 DX.. If you know of some one let me know...

Hey a guy said that he has a S40 tranny out of an integra, is that possible?

Back