Treo 600 VS Audiovox SMT 6500

corvetteguy

Welp, Ever since i got my Motorola MPX200, i have gotten really shitty service..people with ancient phones had full service where i would have no service in the same place standing next to each other......come to find out...my phone is 1800/1900 Dual band.....Cingular uses 850...so now i need a ned f'in phone....so i was torn between the Palm Treo 600.....And....the audiovox smt5600

Anyone have either of these phones that can shed some light.....

Audiovox

Treo

ripperbone

angry bear
i would go with the treo.
if your complaining about getting no signal now if you got an audiovox you still be complaining about no signal.

corvetteguy

Originally posted by ripperbone@Jun 21 2005, 02:38 PM
i would go with the treo.
if your complaining about getting no signal now if you got an audiovox you still be complaining about no signal.
[post=514859]Quoted post[/post]​

the only reason i'm not getting signal is because my phone is dual band 1800/1900 which cingular isn't on... i need it to be 850 ....the Treo is quad band 850//900/1800/1900 which is awesome...i'll always have service everywhere and the Audiovox is tri band 850/1800/1900

preluderjs

I just got the Treo 650 and I couldnt be happier, feels like Palm OS has unlimited potential... I'm on the verizon network and ironically my house is the only place I barely get a signal, but thats always been an issue since I've had a phone (almost 4 years). I dont think the 600 varies very much so I highly recommend it.

corvetteguy

Originally posted by preluderjs@Jun 22 2005, 03:31 AM
I just got the Treo 650 and I couldnt be happier, feels like Palm OS has unlimited potential... I'm on the verizon network and ironically my house is the only place I barely get a signal, but thats always been an issue since I've had a phone (almost 4 years). I dont think the 600 varies very much so I highly recommend it.
[post=515114]Quoted post[/post]​

I bought the 600 last night on ebay....$236shipped....i should be able to sell my mpx200 for like 100 or so its brand new, just got the warrantly replacement 6/13/2005...so it won't be all that bad.....

Its funny cause i am a ATT Wireless customer and get this.....Customer Service said to me Technicaly, i am not a cingular customer....i CANNOT migrate to cingular, without breaking my contract and paying fees, for another 3.5 months, when my contract is up...so i had to buy an ATT Phone so i can use my sim card lol...how much BS is that

BigJ

I'm just about that action Boss.
VIP
Originally posted by corvetteguy+Jun 22 2005, 04:01 AM-->
preluderjs
@Jun 22 2005, 03:31 AM
I just got the Treo 650 and I couldnt be happier, feels like Palm OS has unlimited potential... I'm on the verizon network and ironically my house is the only place I barely get a signal, but thats always been an issue since I've had a phone (almost 4 years).  I dont think the 600 varies very much so I highly recommend it.
[post=515114]Quoted post[/post]​

I bought the 600 last night on ebay....$236shipped....i should be able to sell my mpx200 for like 100 or so its brand new, just got the warrantly replacement 6/13/2005...so it won't be all that bad.....

Its funny cause i am a ATT Wireless customer and get this.....Customer Service said to me Technicaly, i am not a cingular customer....i CANNOT migrate to cingular, without breaking my contract and paying fees, for another 3.5 months, when my contract is up...so i had to buy an ATT Phone so i can use my sim card lol...how much BS is that
[post=515133]Quoted post[/post]​

Technically, you started your service with ATT and not cingular, then the completed their merger in november, so ATT kind of became cingular, although they still have their own entire branch.

I registered the week before the merger and when I broke my v600 I had to go through the gay process as well.