TSL? New to S2000

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Killship

Q's on the S2K

First off I am young so please understand.... Does the Honda S2000 have a Top Speed Limiter (TSL)?

Are there turbo kits for s2k's or just super chargers?

Is it possable to install a blow-off valve on the s2k and it work without a turbo to get the same sound effect? (I have seen the fake ones that use speakers and not air... its a gay idea.)

Do they make gloss black s2k's with black/red interior any more? If not what year model has it?

Thanks a lot gents!! Kill...

Last edited:
S2000 has no speed limiter that I know of- AP1 tops out at 166mph at redline in 6th gear.

More turbo kits are available than superchargers.

No. Any blow off valve without boost is fake.

Check the colors on Honda's web site.

Best RPM to launch is pretty high- and if you are launching the car, you'll break the stock diff housing really fast.

yeah, i think we were launchin at 5k at the track and it was pretty sick. 2.1 ish 60'.

oh hush, i thought it was good. didnt spin at all...probably coulda feathered a bit, but i had the best 60' of the 3 people that drove it.

Wow! Thats pretty good! lol better than my RX7... Hey, Celesta, how much is a Greddy turbo or what is the cheapest? (I have a really high possability of getting an S2000 for my 16th and would like 2 start saving for a turbo). So when a diff housing blows what exatly happens? and what happends when its over reved (engine damage wise)?

Last edited:
oh hush, i thought it was good. didnt spin at all...probably coulda feathered a bit, but i had the best 60' of the 3 people that drove it.

That is pretty good. You really have to launch above VTEC to get a good grab, and then you're going to start breaking stuff.

Wow! Thats pretty good! lol better than my RX7... Hey, Celesta, how much is a Greddy turbo or what is the cheapest? (I have a really high possability of getting an S2000 for my 16th and would like 2 start saving for a turbo). So when a diff housing blows what exatly happens? and what happends when its over reved (engine damage wise)?

Spell the handle right. :)

No clue on a Greddy turbo. Google it. I don't even know that they make a kit for the S2000. I would look to LoveFab or Full-Race for a good turbo kit, and they're about $7k-10k complete.

Ultimate-Racing.com

These guys make a decent lower cost kit.

When the diff housing blows it busts out the hold downs (don't know the proper name for them) and everything tries to push out the back diff cover.

Overrevving would just tear apart everything in the engine. The valvetrain is the first to go- it even has problems before the stock rev limiter.

Overrevving would just tear apart everything in the engine. The valvetrain is the first to go- it even has problems before the stock rev limiter.

Calesta what RPM do you usually shift your S at when driving aggressively? I think I usually shift between 8600-8800. I haven't ever heard of S2000s having problems being revved to redline. Are you saying that the valvetrain will go on the S2000 from revving to redline? As for the diffs that is pretty common. I have only launched in VTEC twice and I hardly ever launch my car hard.

I shift right at 9000.

The stock valvetrain has been known to have problems even revving to 9000. Most people keep at 8500 or less to keep from breaking the retainers. A common valvetrain upgrade even on 100% stock F20Cs is to replace the keepers and retainers with Toda pieces.

So whats the first upgrade an S2000 needs? I would like to have a little more than stock 170HP so a turbo would be nice...

my friend's s2k (2002) only has upgraded springs and retainers (got em together, he heard about the same thing cal mentioned). I dont think its a necessity if you dont REALLY push your car.

He hadnt heard of the problem with the rear end....you mentioned going to a nissan axle. how difficult is that cal? do you think i might hurt the diff in his car by the semi-drifting that i do in it? I know im kinda thread jacking but its still kinda on topic.

This is a little off subject but today a friend of mine was talking to me about a BOV that was adjustable... for street and racing (the sound ex. racing: Louder because of the more air) what brand is it?

actually thats WAAY off topic. might wanna make a thread in forced induction about that.

Back