TSL? New to S2000

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It says on Dyno sheets that it has 170 and with an Ultimate Racing turbo it boosts to 249 hp

Well, I don't know where you have seen that dyno but something must be wrong with that s2000. Like I said stock they put down 190-210 whp. Usually turbocharged or supercharged with 6-8 psi will put down at least 300 whp. Most of the turbo kits out put down between 325-375 whp on 6-9 psi.

Here is a stock dyno:
20s200041.jpg

Here is a pretty common comptech supercharged dyno:
Dynoresults1.jpg

And last here is a pretty common turbo setup running 6.5 psi:

Calesta while I do respect your opinion on a lot of things I feel you've got a few things a little off...

- The rear end is strong enough to take some abuse. What it will not take is absorbing traction. If you try to launch and don't give it enough to spin the tires, THAT's when the rear goes to shit. I've personally side stepped the clutch at 6k+ a few times at the track on street tires and ran magnificently. DR's or slicks I'd launch higher to create some spin. Again, the key here is breaking the tires loose and letting the diff do its job.

As far as the overrev...I know 1st hand what an overrev will do. Forums -> Overrev gone bad...
Not fun stuff nor cheap. Watch those shifts! I was well on my way to a Vortech before this setback.

Down here, a more common upgrade for the retainers is going with MY04+ They are beefier than the pre 04 retainers despite Honda lowering the redline on the 2.2 liter.

The rear end situation is really a tossup- many people break them, and some have good luck. You are right- as long as you're not shocking the diff, you'll be ok. Most people don't know how to do that on a launch.

I might have to try the MY04+ retainers- but we'll see. I'm not starting upgrades again.

Last edited:
well with my experence with my ex girlfriends S2000...i launched that thing many times above 5k and shifted at 9k and it was all perfect everytime...

and to mention about the guy and his unique S2000...i got one for you ...you want to go way unique swap a 2JZ in it...i dont know how much room there would be but i think it would be a close one...i knew a guy where i used to live in the Dominican Republic that swaped a 3S-GTE into a CRX...so toyota will work with honda youll just be changing all the wireing and every motor mount...but that would be a very cool s2000 if you managed it....

You can't compare a swap into a CRX with a swap into an S2000. The engine bays are completely different. You probably could fit a 2JZ into an S2k though- there's a lot of room. The 2JZ would weigh a LOT more than the F20C though, and you wouldn't have much space left for a good turbo setup. The F20C on boost can put out 600-700whp anyway, and people are just getting started exploring the limits- so I don't think there will be a need to try and ram a 2JZ into that chassis.

You can't compare a swap into a CRX with a swap into an S2000. The engine bays are completely different. You probably could fit a 2JZ into an S2k though- there's a lot of room. The 2JZ would weigh a LOT more than the F20C though, and you wouldn't have much space left for a good turbo setup. The F20C on boost can put out 600-700whp anyway, and people are just getting started exploring the limits- so I don't think there will be a need to try and ram a 2JZ into that chassis.

werd...people's warrantys are starting to be up and more people are turboing their ageing f20s. pretty cool stuff.

yeah youre right they can put down 600-700whp but not with the stock internals...a 2JZ can put that power down with the stock internals...and when i meant thaty someone put a 3S-GTE into a CRX i just meant that a toyota engine can be put into a honda...i know for a fact that the stock internals of a F20 wont go above about 350whp with stock internals...

werd...people's warrantys are starting to be up and more people are turboing their ageing f20s. pretty cool stuff.

:werd:

Mine just ran out this Friday- the magic 48k miles. Time to pay it off, then start playing.

yeah youre right they can put down 600-700whp but not with the stock internals...a 2JZ can put that power down with the stock internals...and when i meant thaty someone put a 3S-GTE into a CRX i just meant that a toyota engine can be put into a honda...i know for a fact that the stock internals of a F20 wont go above about 350whp with stock internals...

Yes, but you can put any engine into any car if you're willing to rewire and run a different ECU like you would need to do for the 3S-GTE into a CRX. For the time, effort and cost that you spend shoving a heavy 2JZ into an S2000, you can have built the F20C to make more than enough power to be ridiculous on that chassis. If you want a highway racer with a stupid power curve, just get a Supra. It'll be much easier.

As for stock internals, stock compression has been taken to 430whp reliably, and all stock internals with a thicker head gasket have been taken to 550whp and beyond.

wow well i realy didnt know that they have gone that far with the F20C...ive seen 800whp S2000's but that was with a stroker kit and all....but stock i didnt know that they could get that much...i must have gotten confused between the forums when i was talking about the 2jz swap...someone wanted a unique s2000 and i said if youw want something unique drop the 2jz into it...it would be a different swap and it would have to take someone that wants something different...

a 2jz in a s2000 is pretty strange...youd be better off putting an sr20 into it before race wars starts
ph34r.gif

wow well i realy didnt know that they have gone that far with the F20C...ive seen 800whp S2000's but that was with a stroker kit and all....but stock i didnt know that they could get that much...i must have gotten confused between the forums when i was talking about the 2jz swap...someone wanted a unique s2000 and i said if youw want something unique drop the 2jz into it...it would be a different swap and it would have to take someone that wants something different...

Nobody in this thread said anything about putting a 2JZ into an S2000 before you made the comment. Yes, it would be different- but really just not worth the trouble.

a 2jz in a s2000 is pretty strange...youd be better off putting an sr20 into it before race wars starts
ph34r.gif

:werd: :werd: :werd:

it was in this thread "SOHC 3.5L V6 vtec into an S2000? " the guy said he wanted something unique i mixed them up....so i meant to say to him if he wants somthing unique do something that nobody has ever tried to do....eg. 2jz into a s2k...yeah it would be werd i totally agree but what was that dude with the 3S-GTE in his CRX...thats something unique...thats all im saying...something unique...

Back