Tuning...B I know you can help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CiViC_SOHC

Alright instead of thread jacking ill make my own. Im new to tuning and im going to be putting in a turbo this winter..I read that crome has a new version out that is tune while you go...how does that work? and what is the hp expentacy out of that? and I also seen that you said a P06 can work like a P28 if thats the case..I have a P06 now and was wondering how I can use that if I can't get my hands on a P28. thanks everyone for the input

Crome Autotune works by inputting a wideband signal into the ECU.

You setup a 'target' map (what the autotune should shoot for)
Then as you drive around, Crome will fill up the actual recorded map and display it for you. As this fills up, another map (the % difference) fills up with the additions and subtractions it thinks you should alter based on what the target was vs. the actual. Very simple math really...

From there you hit the 'Auto Adjust' button or after the ECU gets enough samples, it adjust itself and you keep driving.

If you need to convert a P06 ECU to a P28, its relatively easy and can be done by adding a few components to match the circuitry of the P28, you just need to know whether its a 1720 or an 11F0 board type and you can look under the top cover at the board and find the # there.

Then purchase a kit with all the components needed and some basic instructions.

http://xenocron.com/products.php?page=chippingkits

Originally posted by xenocron@Sep 6 2005, 12:05 AM
Crome Autotune works by inputting a wideband signal into the ECU.

You setup a 'target' map (what the autotune should shoot for)
Then as you drive around, Crome will fill up the actual recorded map and display it for you. As this fills up, another map (the % difference) fills up with the additions and subtractions it thinks you should alter based on what the target was vs. the actual. Very simple math really...

From there you hit the 'Auto Adjust' button or after the ECU gets enough samples, it adjust itself and you keep driving.

If you need to convert a P06 ECU to a P28, its relatively easy and can be done by adding a few components to match the circuitry of the P28, you just need to know whether its a 1720 or an 11F0 board type and you can look under the top cover at the board and find the # there.

Then purchase a kit with all the components needed and some basic instructions.

http://xenocron.com/products.php?page=chippingkits
[post=550057]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks man ill be looking into that when I get my turbo then...do you just install the program to the computer or something? or do I have to buy a burner...or can I pay someone to get me the program...im still kinda confused about how you get the program..is it you buy it once then you can use it as many times after that? like installing it on new ECU's or is it 150 for ONE ECU?

Back