turbo d15b7

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DelSlow89

93 Del Sol
I have a d15b7 honda motor in my del slow. I recently got a t3/t4 turbo. I'm looking to just bolt on the turbo. do i HAVE to get a turbo manifold and do i have to run an intercooler? send me your suggestions.

what do you mean by "have to get a turbo manifold"

no, you are not required to have in intercooler, but it help tremendously.

Is all you have the turbo itself? Your gonna need to buy a manifold so the turbo can bolt up to it. Plumbing for the turbo..... Timing control.... A bunch of more things. Just read around a little.... I am turboing my d16z6 right now..... and there was a BUNCH of stuff I need that I had no idea about and didn't look into. Fuel system.... ignition control... wastegate control. BOV... everything man..

i have the turbo and the wastegate and i ordered a manifold off ebay for like120 bucks and im getting a sidemount intercooler from my boy w/ a gti.

Well, i can almost guarantee if the manifold you orderd is a SSautochrome or one of those shitty ebay ones then its gonna crack...

Anyway if you just want to turbo your car, all you need is to bolt the turbo to the manifold, run the oil lines, put in the chargepipes, the intercooler..

itll work, but if u want it to run right youd need a computer, injectors, timing retard...

This is not going to be my final prodct. I have a gsr on wait that i am ordering for my car. My final boosted projsect is going to be o that motor. not the 1.5. I just want to boost the 1.5 just for fun and i'm trying to find the cheapest way and simplest way to do that without blowing my motor. You don't have to be a dick about.

This is not going to be my final prodct. I have a gsr on wait that i am ordering for my car. My final boosted projsect is going to be o that motor. not the 1.5. I just want to boost the 1.5 just for fun and i'm trying to find the cheapest way and simplest way to do that without blowing my motor. You don't have to be a dick about.

well if you want to be cheep just get some NAWWWZZZZZ

I have a del sol..... 1.5, i have a crap turbo and manifold for it but everything else is done right, i just gotta save the cash for a nice turbo and mani. Im gonna have one custome made at my dude who does all my work probley(the mani). and if you want to turbo the 1.5 the cheapest way would be a "chrome" ECU, no intercooler, and some mitsubishi larger injectors, im runnin 250hp and i have 450cc ones and the do fine, you will need a better fuel pump also, Walbro is best. i bought my del sol with the turbo already on. and it was an ss autochrome mani, and it cracked like the guy above you said, i just spent 2500 bucks to fix everything right it will cost me 2000 more to get a nice turbo and custome mani. not to mention if you are going turbo you HAVE to get a tune. if you dont ur gonna gain about 15 hp, the del sol i bought was running 15lbs boost, running 118 hp peak it was dropping down to like 2hp at one point in the powerband a ground up tune, which will cost you atleast around 600 and i was runnin 190hp at 9lbs boost. i fixed lots of stuff and got another tune and bought lots of parts and now im sittin 250whp at 13.93 psi. so just so you know... if ur just waiting to get ur GSR swap, then just keep waiting, dont waste ur cash, save it for the gsr parts. but a guy with a civic has a jdm h22 swap, that goes to the same shop as me, and i burn him all day. in my SOHC 1.5 non vtec...... just costs more to turbo a 1.5 reliably, but remember, the sol only weighs 2277, so u dont need 500hp. im trying to get to like 325, and ill probley run 12's or 11'smaybe even low 11's, but i have to make sure the engine is built first. Hope my situation helps u learn

Way to bring back a thread that is a year and a half old on your first post.

Back