Turbo help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DayOh257

I swapped an 89 B16A SiR1 into my 88 Hatch. Then boosted it with a home-made turbo to 7 lbs.

Problem is I get the "check engine" light and the car hiccups - smooth running then a hard jerk before resuming - under acceleration and occassionally during cruise. I have just installed a missing link MAP bypass, which eliminated most of the hiccups, but they still occur and it's quite annoying.

Other than the turbo, the engine and car are both stock and unchanged.

Any suggestions?

Let me be the first to say, this is in the incorrect forum. This goes into the Forced Induction Forum. I wish I could help you, however I know absolutely nothing about Turbo's!

Originally posted by DayOh257@Mar 15 2004, 07:49 PM
I swapped an 89 B16A SiR1 into my 88 Hatch. Then boosted it with a home-made turbo to 7 lbs.

Problem is I get the "check engine" light and the car hiccups - smooth running then a hard jerk before resuming - under acceleration and occassionally during cruise. I have just installed a missing link MAP bypass, which eliminated most of the hiccups, but they still occur and it's quite annoying.

Other than the turbo, the engine and car are both stock and unchanged.

Any suggestions?

Chip your ECU to read boost and get rid of the missing link.

PGMFI

Back