Turbo Mini-Me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GlassHeadlights

West West Yall
I'm thinking of turbo'n my Mini-Me to 200, maybe 225 whp. I have 4 grand stashed away but I'd like to spend half that.

So far I have:

-Rebuilt D16A6 block with 35,000 miles on it
-Rebuilt D16Z6 head with 2500 miles on it
-D16Y8 intake manifold
-OBD1 conversion with chipped P28 ECU

This is my list...imput is needed here:

-Walbro 255 fuel pump
-Vitara pistons
-Stronger rods (may do Eagle/Vitara set up)
-Factory bearings
-Turbo
-Manifold
-Injectors
-MAP (needed?)
-Wideband O2 (needed?)
-Spark plugs (needed?)
-B.O.V.
-Clutch (stage 2)
-Stock flywheel

My thoughts are I will yank my motor out, take off the oil pan, leave the crank in and just change out the rods and pistons. When I did my Mini-Me head swap, 2500 miles ago, the block was really clean (35,000 miles old) with a fresh honed surface. Right now its a 10:1 CR, does anyone know what Vitara pistons will do to that?

Last edited:
Boost on the stock pistons. Taking them out with the crank in is possible, but barely.

200whp is a LOT in a CRX. Lots of fun. Keep the turbo small. Need a 14b and a manifold? :)

Its a 10:1 CR right now though.

Haha...I took down the thread because within 5 minutes I thought....I like N/A better. :) My buddy just got a 5.0L Mustang and I wanted to spank him. Lol

I don't understand that expression.
Basically,

78658d1258161305-2010-victory-cd-moped-50_1-1-.jpg

>
476076573_3d5bb7011c.jpg

Last edited:
youre really concerned about beating a 5.0 mustang?

unless its wildly modified, id say you probably dont have anything to worry about

NA sucks, go FI ;)

huge turbo and lots of nawzzz! you gonna need it cause a stock v8 can beat any pos jap car anyday!

Haha...yea...

I've decided to be a trend whore. I'll go B-Series eventually because its JDM.

boost the d as is have ur fun rompin on it and with some cash in the stash buy and ls for when the d blows and then slap the mustang kid in the face with the cash u saved. reuse what u can from the kit on the ls and start over

wurd... when it blows and you swap the ls boost that shit! that's my exact plans lmao. and we have the same engine... werd!

Back