Turboing My DOHC ZC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ZCpowerdSI

Hey, I'm planing on turboing my zc. I need a list of what I should purchase to turbo this engine (fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump, etc...). I plan on running a cheap ebay turbo at about 7psi on stock internals. After turbo is set up, it will be pro tuned.

upgraded injectors and fuel pump, fuel rail if you want to. turbo exhaust manifold, blow off valve, waste gate, oil lines, inter cooler...if you want to, a good tune...I think thats the main jist of it, I may have missed something

you dont need a boost controller if your running off just the wastegate like me. iam on 5lbs with a 10:1 fmu and loving it.

i dont like boost controller's so much cause of boost spike. that will blow my motor.

a turbo decal :D one of those cool cursive ones from autozone...lol

turbo;ic;ic pipe'wastegate;bov;hondata;feulpump;manifold......tune tune tune........done!

Hondata isn't necessary. Let's keep focused on what the OP asked here.

To the OP:
If a budget turbo setup is what you're after, you can do better.
My reccomendation:
-eBay turbo mani.
-16g Evo turbo or 14b off of a Talon
-TiAL sport 38mm wastegate
-eBay downpipe
-eBay intercooler
-eBay IC piping
-DSM blue top 450cc injectors
-Chipped obd1 p28 ECU tuned on CROME, Neptune, turboedit, etc
-Stock fuel pump MIGHT be alright, but if you have the extra $88: walbro 255lph
-eBay BOV
-fastturbo oil feed/return line kit
-go buy like 15 ft or so of vacuum line from autozone or wherever, dont get the clear stuff, get the thick walled black vacuum line.
-buy some misc brass vacuum tees (DO NOT GET PLASTIC, they will crack)

That would be a fairly reliable setup if done right.

hondata may not be ness. but it is well woth the money. i wouldnt run anything else but hondata. everything i listed is what you will need for a turbo set up. once again these are my opinions. not the only.

yeah don't go ebay turbo, even if you go to a junk yard and pull your own and get a rebuild kit it'll probably be cheaper and you'll always be able to rebuild it

i have an egay turbo. it has lasted ok. but you never know what you will get. you can get an e-gay turbo kit and just upgrade as you go. it cost more in the end but you can slowly upgrade as you go.

T3/T4 TURBO KIT CIVIC D15 D16 D17 B16 B17 B18 B20 DOHC on eBay.ca (item 320441027066 end time 25-Dec-09 22:26:45 EST)

This is the kit Ive been looking at. Any opinions would be great. Anyone know of a link to a better egay turbo would be great.

My limit is just over $1000 FOR THE KIT!!!

My Engine is very healthy and does not burn any oil. It was ordered from tiger japanese. My goal is to hit NO LESS than 200hp. It WILL be tuned proffesionally.

Thanks guys

you'll still need a exhaust manifold, injectors, fuel pump, and chances are you'll have to have a custom downpipe made. so I would probably save up for a little bit longer or just buy everything over the winter and install it come spring time...or when things warm up, but thats because I don't like working when you can't feel your hands

lol... my plan is $1000 just for the kit. if you know what i mean. i know that i still need the exhaust manifold, injectors, fuel pump etc... i know i'll be spending at least $2000

oh ok, I misunderstand, I thought you meant for the whole kit, like including everything. if you do get an egay exhaust manifold get the cast iron one, the stainless ones crack very easily...obx I think is the company on there but I may be wrong

hondata may not be ness. but it is well woth the money. i wouldnt run anything else but hondata. everything i listed is what you will need for a turbo set up. once again these are my opinions. not the only.

CROME is essentially the same thing. Hondata is overrated and overpriced IMO. You've obviously never had a car tuned on a free program, so you have no idea. CROME is basically Hondata but a free version. There was a huge lawsuit over this as a matter of fact.

I'd like to re-iterate that the OP has a budget of ~1k. With Hondata taking up most of that, I'd say he's gonna be out some key components after he spends the rest of his 1k.

Back