Type R crank pulley trouble.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mdlax1

normal_P1010019.JPG

normal_P1010020.JPG

normal_P1010021.JPG

Got the gears on.. glad i checked one of the caps, i put it on backwards so fixed that too. The timing belt isn't on. I posted that picture to see if that tension up between the tops of the gears is acceptable.

Now the tricky part.

So i go to put the crank pulley on. Took it off cause the old one was busted up. Had the bolt on to set TDC. Some how or another the bolt got tight as shit. So im under with a breaker bar trying to get it loose.

Well the crank is turning and i cant break it loose because of that. Now before you say anything. The car is in gear, with the foot brake on, the E brake and i tried both driver side wheel up and both wheels down.

Now there is no hydraulic fluid in the clutch so i dont know if there is enough resistance on the fly to keep it still. but when the car is all the way down, and i push it in gear the pistons up up and down obviously the crank is spinning. So there has to be enough resistance for that.. maybe just not enough to torque on that bolt.

Love to hear what people think. I'm goign to try to hit that off again tonight. hopefully get the car running tonight.

thanks for chiming in bro.. much apresh. I'm pretty confident on how to get teh bolt off.. thats what i was gonna do..

i think my biggest concern is, and i can only assume. This is typical and the crank should infact be turning.

yeah, its easy to turn the motor over when the car is in the air... even with the brake on, the tires aren't stopping on anything... lol

get air tools y0. zap it right off.

Back