Upgraded to XF to 2.2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
Lots of new features in this release.

Biggest one is the addition of the PWA, which is basically an 'app' you can install to your phone or chrome-based browsers. Sorry apple people, they don't support it. Buy a device that supports web standards :) Your browser may prompt you to install it. I don't recommend it on a desktop as it gets rid of the ability to live in tabs, but on the mobile, you get a home screen icon with indications for notifications just like an app and push. *from the Ellipsis menu on Chrome, click 'add to home screen'.*

It also will pre-cache content offline so you have a faster experience. be sure to monitor the data controls (like, allow on wifi only) if you have concerns. It should be low kb's.

There's also some new post types, in addition to the normal Discussion and Poll types, there's Q&A and Article formats. Articles will display more like an article without the left side avatar info. Q&A will allow others to vote on the best answer, putting the better content up top, like stackoverlfow.

The media gallery was also upgraded. Some minor tweaks there, but notably you can share attachments from a gallery to a thread now so there's 1 source.

Search is improved with additional Elastic Search functionality. Similar threads may show at the bottom of threads to help keep you on topic for more reading.

The editor is new. I hear it's not great on Ios. sorry, but see point #1 above :X It's a 3rd party system from https://froala.com/wysiwyg-editor/ and they are working on some bugs. When in doubt, switch to the manual option instead of bbcode enhanced.

Last edited:
Can you fix the inability to copy and paste photos into the rich editor? It worked until this upgrade.

I've tried two browsers, and now I can't clutter up your DB with more pictures of garbage motorcycles and turbo single-cam civics.

Can you fix the inability to copy and paste photos into the rich editor? It worked until this upgrade.

I've tried two browsers, and now I can't clutter up your DB with more pictures of garbage motorcycles and turbo single-cam civics.
Yea it's an apple thing. Ios doesn't support open standards like everyone else so... Not much I can do about it.

There's a bug thread open about it at the editor GitHub, froala

Yea it's an apple thing. Ios doesn't support open standards like everyone else so... Not much I can do about it.

There's a bug thread open about it at the editor GitHub, froala
I'm using Linux, Windows, and Android though. Chrome and FireFox. How can that be iOS?

seeing these “tomorrow at x” and “later today at x” the last few days both on iOS safari and Firefox.

24A70523-667C-4509-9E1D-911435CC6667.png

I've gotten a few reports of this. I don't see it. What browser and os? Does it happen if you're logged out as well?

i also see it on FF win10.

also i can't paste images in FF / win10 right now but that could be me for sure lol

Last edited:
This may be a bug in jquery, or browser support for jquery version.

it should parse into the phrase at run time.

Code:
jQuery.extend(XF.phrases, {
			// 
			date_x_at_time_y: "{date} at {time}",
			day_x_at_time_y:  "{day} at {time}",
			yesterday_at_x:   "Yesterday at {time}",
			x_minutes_ago:    "{minutes} minutes ago",
			one_minute_ago:   "1 minute ago",
			a_moment_ago:     "A moment ago",
			today_at_x:       "Today at {time}",
			in_a_moment:      "In a moment",
			in_a_minute:      "In a minute",
			in_x_minutes:     "In {minutes} minutes",
			later_today_at_x: "Later today at {time}",
			tomorrow_at_x:    "Tomorrow at {time}",

Sorry, B, just saw your response from yesterday. Im on FF windows 10 and it was exactly how he showed above.

It seems to be fixed for me now. everything is showing correctly.

Surely you can push the attach button and browse your camera, no?

oh you poor android user! lol
I don't connect devices on different networks... IE: cell phone stays not connected to my computer, doesn't matter if it's Android or iPhone. Call it paranoia, but it's just a good practice.

If I took the photos with my slr, I'd do exactly what you specify.

Back