US Govt creating fake online “personas"

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cashizslick

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
US Gov. Software Creates 'Fake People' on Social Networks to Promote Propoganda - National Social Media | Examiner.com

"The contract calls for the development of 'Persona Management Software' which would help the user create and manage a variety of distinct fake profiles online. The job listing was discussed in recently leaked emails from the private security firm HBGary after an attack by internet activist last week. According to the contract, the software would 'protect the identity of government agencies' by employing a number of false signals to convince users that the poster is in fact a real person. A single user could manage unique background information and status updates for up to 10 fake people from a single computer."

Just when people were beginning to trust facebook :)

whitehousetech.jpg

Last edited:
and the government was trying to put people in prison not too long ago for creating fake accounts and impersonating people.

wonder if we have any spies on this board with all the political talk we have.

so if im getting this right.... they are going to use a program to create fake online personas that will e-stalk people, and become friends with them... then spew shit in an attempt to sway peoples opinions on controversial topics???

this part here has me a bit confused...

Even the most restrictive and security conscious of persons can be exploited. Through the targeting and information reconnaissance phase, a person’s hometown and high school will be revealed. An adversary can create a classmates.com account at the same high school and year and find out people you went to high school with that do not have Facebook accounts, then create the account and send a friend request. Under the mutual friend decision, which is where most people can be exploited, an adversary can look at a targets friend list if it is exposed and find a targets most socially promiscuous friends, the ones that have over 300-500 friends, friend them to develop mutual friends before sending a friend request to the target.
so for instance... i dont use any social networking sites... does that mean that they could potentially use MY identity to create one of these "personas" to fool people i went to school with????
how the fuck is that not a form of identity theft????

and actually after a little research it just so happens that "online impersonation" itself is already illegal in many states

the government is out of control and needs to be smacked back in line

“If the president does it, its NOT illegal”

- Richard Milhouse Nixon

Also, this is OBAMA’s government doing this. His govt needs to do everything possible to trick us into believing hes not as bad as everyone says before the 2012 election. He is going to have to “make it up” if he wants to win... make it look like people agree with him and not with you, etc.

EDIT:
Hmm i just realized something. Right now people go to jail and lose their jobs for things they do online. What if the obama administration impersonates me and the cops come-a-knockin? How will I defend myself?

EDIT2:
ARGH the more I think about this the more angry I get lol. THE Taxpayer is footing the bill for something that will be directly used to deceive them.

Last edited:
Don't cops already act like 12 or 13 year olds to bust pedophiles

that's true but they are not using the name of likeness of someone without their consent.

I'm sure most everyone here knows on some level the government is interjecting propoganda but to go so far as identity theft is just crazy.

Explains all the random adds I've been getting from random barely underagers. Thought I knew one's name and accepted it since it was a private page. First thing she commented on was pics of me and my AK. Probably fishing for illegal arms or some shit. Or Im just paranoid and its just some random 17yr old chick. :shrug2:

Explains all the random adds I've been getting from random barely underagers. Thought I knew one's name and accepted it since it was a private page. First thing she commented on was pics of me and my AK. Probably fishing for illegal arms or some shit. Or Im just paranoid and its just some random 17yr old chick. :shrug2:

first of all.... "Just Because You're Paranoid Doesn't Mean They're Not Out to Get You."

and second

paranoia.jpg

Funny you bring sabz up, I just reread the thread that more or less led to his departure.

that was my first reaction to this thread, though i'm sure he's legit.
i just re-read some of that last 8 pg post. i feel somewhat responsible. last time i got political on a forum.

Back