US officially in recession

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I love how it takes a full year to discover this...

No one actually wanted to say it out loud. Positive thinking will make it go away you know. Its like people with herpes, if they don't talk about them they don't have them right? They just tell everyone the sweet kayak they have was given to them by their grandparents for graduation.

I knew it would be admitted a few days after black Friday. I am just glad it has been admitted to.

Yep I Felt The Crunch When My 401K Hit The Floor....Oh Well Next Time Ill Just Bury My Money In a Can In The back Yard now.

Is That Where Your Shift Key Went Too?

total BS. redefining the term recession. i first saw this on cnn, not surprising. and the name of the group makes it sound like a govt agency. i could be the international council of automobile design. altho they did have 2 good members in the past friedman and von mises.

who was it that used to argue about the role of banking in the US, jefferson and hamilton?
Thomas Jefferson. Our AE Quote of the Week, Part II, goes to Thomas Jefferson - yes, that Thomas Jefferson - who had this to say in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." Thanks to longtime AE reader Roger Clarke for passing this quote along.

who was it that used to argue about the role of banking in the US, jefferson and hamilton?
Thomas Jefferson. Our AE Quote of the Week, Part II, goes to Thomas Jefferson - yes, that Thomas Jefferson - who had this to say in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." Thanks to longtime AE reader Roger Clarke for passing this quote along.

MF'in :werd:

Andrew Jackson was equally against the idea. Ironic that both their faces are printed on the Fed's banknotes.

Last edited:
Back