V-tec or Turbo !!! V-tec v.s. Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jap-spec

I'm giong crazy trying to decide if i can do both. I'm coming to the conclusion that you can either do one or the other. I fyou want to go v-tec you need higher compersion pistons. If you want to go turbo you need low compersion pistons. I don't know how to make it work so you get the best out of both. I don't think its possible. help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm think i'm just going to go for ls/turbo

It is possible, just more expensive. Have you ridden in both kinds of car? If not then go ride in a boosted car and then ride in a well built NA car and decide which one you like more. The LS turbo is a great option. So is A B18C or a B16 built for high comp and high revs.

If you want to go NA VTEC, then yes you want higher compression pistons.
If you want to go turbo, you want lower compression pistons.
If you want to go turbo AND VTEC, you want lower compression pistons.

It's doable... just harder to tune. The rewards are well worth it though!

Thats for making a piont that i already know. Yes my friends have some of the fastes n/a in from are area and i had a turbo eclispe. i felt both. I love turbo and never want to go back to normal but i was thinking vtec and turbo would be sick. I don't know what compersion i should have. If i go turbo with low compresion with a v-tec heasd,will the v-tec still kick in with low compresion?

of course, vtec is the mechanism of changing cam lobes and timing... thats it... its the valve overlap that will kill you, use at least stock cams on there, if you want to be really serious about it, get some skunk2 turbo cams, i think crower makes turbo cams for the vtec too... it will be easier to tune with lower compression..

Yeah Skunk2 make turbo cams. That is what I am putting in my D16Z6. VTEC will work with lower comp pistons. 2 very different things there.

Originally posted by jap-spec@Oct 22 2002, 07:36 PM
Thats for making a piont that i already know.

you are a rude bastard.

you were rude to me in the other thread, and now you are rude to him.

im done helping your ass.

Thank for your reply. Its a very good opinion and honda engine are design to last. I wonder why they haven't came out with a turbo car.

wow i'm sorry if you feeling got hurt pissed, you want to talk about it.

man jap-spec, you are a bitch

there are a lot of educated people on this board that can help you with tech questions, and you are being a dick to them

if i was a mod i would ban your ass

Originally posted by jap-spec@Oct 23 2002, 06:27 PM

i run hondaswap.

if you have a problem with me, you have a problem with the site, and the site has a problem with you, and then your chances of learnign anything here are slim to none.

don't fuck with god

hey jap-spec.....

You%20Win%20The%20Prize.jpg

Assclown%20Award.jpg

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Oct 24 2002, 01:24 AM-->
@Oct 23 2002, 06:27 PM

i run hondaswap.

if you have a problem with me, you have a problem with the site, and the site has a problem with you, and then your chances of learnign anything here are slim to none.

don't fuck with god

:werd:

:worthy: pissedoffsol

Back