v6 integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

spicer

guys I need some advice. looking to drop a vtec V6 into my 95 integra...what should i put in it, and what trans am i gonna need.

Anything can be done with enough money, but that being said, i would go with a b series or even an h22 if you want straight line power. But a v6 is going to need alot of work to get it to run in your car.

why not just get a 350 small block and mount it tranverse in the car?

honestly, i have no idea what motor to use, why not get one of the accord V-6 motors- at least it's still a honda, but even then you're more than likely going to have to do some serious cutting, welding and cursing- IMO

NOT WORTH IT!

do the accord v-6's even come in anything other than automatic?

waste of time and money here.

other than the brand new accords and nsx, the v6 motors are sohc bastards with junk tranny's.

you're better off with a 4 cyl.

Can you say custom. My suggestion drop a v6 in the back of you teg use a domestick tranny some fabrication will be needed with enough deditcation you can doo it. I have often though about droping one in the back of a CRX that or a NSX motor. .lots o research will be nessasary. hope your good at math

Originally posted by Projectzc@Apr 1 2004, 03:39 AM
Can you say custom. My suggestion drop a v6 in the back of you teg use a domestick tranny some fabrication will be needed with enough deditcation you can doo it. I have often though about droping one in the back of a CRX that or a NSX motor. .lots o research will be nessasary. hope your good at math

saw one somewhere before... a red CRX with a rear mounted NSX motor. dont know if it ran or not, but it looked pretty nice!!

yeah i can weld and have a shop, i was thinking about a transverse 3.0l but the trans was what i was really worried about i can fab a driveshaft and set up some rear gears easily enough...am i going to have to have the ecu custom built? basically i want to have a bad ass integra to blow the doors off all the pretenders out here in eastern canada, money, time or skill shouldnt be a problem, so if you've got some really wild ideas, let me know

Even if you have the money/time/skill to do this the question still remains why? It seems to me that it would easier/cheaper to build a kit car with your choice of 6 cyl than to install it in an Integra. Something many people seem to forget is that innovative and unique does not imply wild or crazy (or stupid or silly).

Going along with what LSVTEC said, why dude, why? Dont waste a good car, build a complete custom car, frame and all.

Ive got a little project in mind for myself when i start my own business, the company car:
90-97 Prelude
F20C S2K engine cusotm drive shafte, S2K rear suspension etc. I like it

Originally posted by 90crxb18+Apr 1 2004, 12:28 PM-->
Projectzc
@Apr 1 2004, 03:39 AM

saw one somewhere before... a red CRX with a rear mounted NSX motor. dont know if it ran or not, but it looked pretty nice!!

the red CRX with a NSX motor is by mahdavi motorsports here in GA, they just stuck the engine in the rear, its a RR. www.mahdavimotorsports.com

i dont think mounting the engine in the rear and making it a RR is what you want. if you have enought money (A LOT of it) you can consider dropping the NSX motor in the civic in FF format, that way you can use the NSX tranny. Check out Signal's NSX civic drag car, http://www.superstreetonline.com/featuredv.../130_0303_chop/

imo, bad idea. you can build a 2.3 B series turbo'ed that'll make more power with the money and able to use available aftermarket parts.

chris

oh wait your car is an integra. in that case mounting in the rear would pretty much be out of the question, that leaves you with the option of the nsx motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back