valve spring identification.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

randolph

Hi guys,
i'm new to this forum, i need help on choosing the right v/springs for my set up.
it's a bit complicated so i will have to make this a bit long.
i'm fitting ITR cams in a b16 a2 head, the spring in this head is :inlet dual with yellow paint marks on.
exhaust dual with blue paint marks on.
i also have another set of dual intake springs which came off another b16a head, not sure if b16a1 or 2. this set have green paint marks on.
i need to know if any of you guys out there know those valve springs by their color.
so i will know which ones to use.
i will also tell you what i was planning to do in order to help myself.
i was going to use the yellow ones on the intake side, and the green ones on the ex side.
please advice.
thanks.

<---In for the answer. Dunno what the paint marks are

I will suggest just gettin ITR springs to match the cams. Thatll help your valve control.

springs

Hi guys,
i'm new to this forum, i need help on choosing the right v/springs for my set up.
it's a bit complicated so i will have to make this a bit long.
i'm fitting ITR cams in a b16 a2 head, the spring in this head is :inlet dual with yellow paint marks on.
exhaust dual with blue paint marks on.
i also have another set of dual intake springs which came off another b16a head, not sure if b16a1 or 2. this set have green paint marks on.
i need to know if any of you guys out there know those valve springs by their color.
so i will know which ones to use.
i will also tell you what i was planning to do in order to help myself.
i was going to use the yellow ones on the intake side, and the green ones on the ex side.
please advice.
thanks.

Do you want to sell those yellow and blue springs you have???? My 2000 civic came with those stock from factory...

Or by the way I will recomend getting a new set of Supertech valve springs and retainers or Crower valve springs and retainers for your ITR cams....that way you know you safe....

Back