Velox VS Rota

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UDT

Well basicly there the two rims i can afford, i like them both, both have a nice sellection of models, accept Rota hase more then just a polished lip/ black center type look, there choices leave me open to more looks though both have sweet looking rims and i pretty much love both brands as far as price gos. I have found that Rotas are played out and Velox not so much thought if they look PIMP thats all that counts. So tell me what you guys think.

Which ones are you looking at specifically, cause each company have like couple of wheels in there line up. I actually like how the velox Progear rev series look.

I voted for Rota, not just because I own a set, but they seem to make a lot of decent lightweight wheels for the price. I do not know what Velox weighs in on for a set of 15s, but Rota makes some 13lbs. wheels for about 100 bucks a wheel. Some of the most bang for the buck, especially when in racing wheels are "desposible." Another wheels that is around the same price range and the same weight as the 15 inch Rotas is the Kosei rims, there are a few spec miatas around here with them and they look awesome.

I as well voted Rota because they are just about the best lightweight rim u can buy for the money

Originally posted by UDT@Mar 16 2004, 04:37 PM
if they look PIMP thats all that counts

weren't you the guy building "a street car aimed at all out performance"? :p
rotas by the way.

I like personally Velox wheels. A local kid had these on his car, and damn what a choice. I loved em to death and would buy them in a heartbeat. I saw a set going for like 800 or so on ebay with tires and were mint.

Velox PG-5's

86200224120AMpg-5s%20full%20pci%20copy.jpg

The only downside is, they only come in 17's, but its 12.5 lbs......

Velox's PG series is even lighter than the Rotas... but they cost a LOT more. I'm still trying to decide if I want the PG-5S in 17 or a set of Racing Hart CP-035 15s for race wheels.

That "as long as they look pimp" statmen was between two very good choices in rims. And every one of you know even thought you make a choice based on that fact that these are performance rimsat the same time your trying to get the bet look. I use the term PIMP loosley. VELOX are a good rim choice, and yo uguys cant tell me people here have a thing for ROTA........ there a good wheel but i also stated a lil played out thats why i asked just to see what yall thought. Dont talk shinaps cause i want a clean rim. Polished or not

Velox rims are nice, light, and overpriced
Rota rims are nice, light, and just right priced.

Rota > Velox

I prefer the circuit 8's to the slips, but i like them both.

No...

Velox is nice, lighter than Rota, and overpriced.
Rota is ok, somewhat light, and ok priced.

Velox > Rota.

:lol:

Rotas are still excellent wheels and an awesome value, but I'm not dropping $400 just so I can save 3 pounds per wheel- not at the expense of taking away from my stock look. If I'm spending money on wheels, it's going to be for something ridiculously light. That's just me though.

:lol:

I had a set of velox rims and bent the lip every other day I think they suck but thats just my opinion.

Back