VTEC Discussion

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Started reading it, I was going to comment, than I realized they are way to retarded to even comprehend what I was going to say, so I went a whacked off instead.

jdmeg6

What a bunch of jerkoffs! All those idiots in that forum dont know shit! They have the best theories on vtec dont they :lol:

sohcslammer

Originally posted by VTECin5th@Jul 6 2005, 12:43 PM
They mis-spelled VTEC so many times, the google ads at the bottom were for phones. :(
[post=521539]Quoted post[/post]​

I noticed that... :(

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Some of those guys are retarded, some of them were trying to learn... bad combination.

Luckily driftster was there, actually gave good information.

BofoMillsApr 30, 2005, 2:44 PM
Vtec = VVti = MiTech = Zetec = MiVec, etc etc.

No matter how you dice it variable valve timing is just a crutch to make a small engine more driveable.
and to increase the combustion cycle more faster.

My God... what a tard. Since when does VTEC = JUST variable valve timing? Idiocy.

K2e2vin

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jul 9 2005, 10:29 PM
Arent VTEC and VVTi-l Basically the same things (gotta help the guys out a bit)
[post=523346]Quoted post[/post]​

i-VTEC is the same as VVTi-L. only difference between them is how the variable lift system is actuated/shape of rocker arm. regualr VTEC is like VVL. VVTi is the "i" in i-VTEC.

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Originally posted by K2e2vin+Jul 9 2005, 10:38 PM-->
reikoshea
@Jul 9 2005, 10:29 PM
Arent VTEC and VVTi-l Basically the same things (gotta help the guys out a bit)
[post=523346]Quoted post[/post]​

i-VTEC is the same as VVTi-L. only difference between them is how the variable lift system is actuated/shape of rocker arm. regualr VTEC is like VVL. VVTi is the "i" in i-VTEC.
[post=523352]Quoted post[/post]​

not exactly. First it's VVTL-i, which is the counterpart to VTEC. You are correct though, VVTL-i has a difference in how it's activated.

VVT-i is just variable valve timing with intelligence. There's no low/high cam profiles.

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Originally posted by jimboburgess@Jul 10 2005, 01:48 PM
ZETEC is just the name of a ford engine in the 1st? gen focus's, it is not variable anything.
[post=523468]Quoted post[/post]​

Whether or not it has an variable valve timing, it's still funny that they have a sticker on the side that looks almost identical to EG6's and 99-00 Si's :lol: