VTEC head or B16 tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRAZYEG9

Aight guys what do you think I should buy first. Which ever I get first the other will have to wait quite a while due to tight funds. My set-up is a stock B20/LS tranny(long ass gears) stock headers stock everything except for an intake. I love that glue to the seat feel. Also this will be after I get all the other shit I need like some headers and all.

I'd go for the tranny first. If you get the VTEC head first, you're going to hate revving the engine since you'll always be falling back out of VTEC on the shift.

Originally posted by 2000Si@May 13 2005, 05:59 PM
I'd go for the tranny first. If you get the VTEC head first, you're going to hate revving the engine since you'll always be falling back out of VTEC on the shift.
[post=498941]Quoted post[/post]​

i agree, the stock b20 puts out enough power without the vtec, and if your tight on funds, replacing the transsmision would be a good upgrade to go after, a lot of people make the mistake of putting all their money into motor and forget about trans(at least in tampa they do, dumbasses) they always complain about how they lose so much power from the crank to the wheels

keep saving and boost it.....or keep saving and get both at teh saem time. no reason to be in a rush ;)

Back