Wat U Playin'?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

saturn_boy96

88 C1V1C 53D4N DR1V3R
I just wondered what kind of music you guys were into. Just to start us off here is a list of a few of the cds that have made it into my deck in the past few weeks.

Good Charlotte
New Found Glory
AFI
Godsmack
Eminem
Dishwalla
Simple Plan
and Something Corprate

I am sure there is more but this is just off the top of my head now.

i usually bump mixes or techno//trance//etc, but disturbed and sevendust are some of my favs too..
i don;t listen to much rap, although i love the bass in rap songs, lol.

the only techno cd(if you could call it that) i have is "Vegas" by Crystal Method but that is my primary cd for tuning systems with.

i haven't done that ina long time though cause i realized you can't go fast in a car with 200 lbs. in the trunk. :)

Right now i have,

Staind
Godsmack
Dre
Mack 10
Ice Cube
Korn
AFI
Disturbed

and a couple songs from

Marilyn Manson, Saliva and POD playing.. (yes its a LARGE play list)

I've been on a rap/hip hop kick at work lately with my 4 gigs of mp3's. All old school stuff, none of the shitty Nelly/Ludacris/Puff Daddy shit that's flooded the market these days. Stuff like KRS One, Slick Rick, Ahmad, Pharcyde...

AFI
Anti-Flag
Millencolin
HIM
CKY
Deviates
Punk-O-Rama 7
Fenix TX
Social Distortion
The Line

(having a 10 cd-changer ownz!)

Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Dead Kennedys
AFI
Anti-Flag
Op Ivy
Big Wig
Dropkick Murphy's
Reel Big Fish
Save Ferris
Mustard Plug

Ooooo, not Simple Plan. I had to sit through their set when I saw Big Wig/MMBT in Denver last Thanksgiving. That was the 3rd worst set I have had the misfortune of hearing.

Pimpadelic (band from Texas)
50 Cent
Disturbed
Drowning Pool
Korn
any old Metallica....namely And Justice For All and Master of Puppets
Beastie Boys
Ice Cube

I am also known to play some Jimmy Buffett, Marvin Gaye, Temptations and even some Alan Jackson

Currently queued:

Dave Navarro
Handsome Boy Modeling School
Groove Armada
dZihan & Kamien
Chemical Brothers
The Crystal Method
Brooklyn Funk Essentials
DJ Krush

It's the same DJ that did Gorillaz
I am not big into rap/hip hop, but that CD is great.

Actually, it's a fuckin awesome album. It's a compilation of guys (like lsvtec said) that put it together with a bunch of samples from some old TV shows interspersed in some killer original tracks.

Dj Karl Who
house or trance mixes
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Disturbed
Drowning Pool
50 Cent
Powerman 5000
NIN
Reel Big Fish
Lincon Park
Simles
Clispe
Bare Naked Ladies
Dave Matthews Band
Eminem
SPM
Little Troy
and a tad of country

Originally posted by RyanS2K Posted on Feb 7 2003@ 05:46 PM
Handsome Boy Modeling School
Wow ,my brother got me listening to those guys a while back,never seen anybody else who has heard of them.Cool.

I have been listening to a lot of
Lagwagon
NOFX
Cryptopsy
DRI
Rorschach
Triple Six
Brujeria
Pixies
Dropdead

and a bunch of other crap no ones probably ever heard of.

lsvtec Posted: Feb 7 2003, 11:26 AM  

Ooooo, not Simple Plan. I had to sit through their set when I saw Big Wig/MMBT in Denver last Thanksgiving. That was the 3rd worst set I have had the misfortune of hearing.

who were the first two?

oh yeah here is a few more i forgot

reel big fish
Dave Matthews Band
Linkin Park
Distrubed
Drowning pool
Avril Lavigne
Justin Timberlake (I know but what can i say i'm a chior boy and i appreciate his vocal ability) i'm going to regret posting that, huh.

ok thats it for now.

#2: King Rat (A punk band local to Denver that just sucks)
#1: The worst set I ever heard was a "jazz" band (I use jazz in the loosest meaning possible here) that spent 45min- an hour on stage playing phish style (no breaks) and everyone was playing a different tune. Chris (dohcvtec_accord) and I had two beers a piece in that set and they still sucked. On the bright side after they finshed (it felt like an eternity) The Rebirth Brass band made it all worth while. If you like jazz and have a chance to see Rebirth I highly reccomend them. They are fantastic.

worst band i saw was Tesla back in like 1992. that was the worst damn concert i ever saw. their opening band Firehouse was better than them. yeah i used to be into the hairband shit back in the day...

Back