watches

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy78

VIP
Just curious to see if any of you guys are watch enthusiasts? I know its an old irrelevant superficial past time but there are still quite a few people on Forums and Facebook groups etc that are enthusiasts. I guess it's really no different then pew pews or car modding.

I was up to about 45-50 watches at one point but have mellowed out a bit and have about 15 now after selling and trading them over the years. Selling/Trading almost becomes an addiction and the collection constantly changes.

I actually just hunted online for parts to build my first watch which took like a week. Just waiting for everything to arrive. It's going to be a sort of Rolex Explorer type homage. I'm using a donor movement from a very nice watch i just don't wear much that used an Swiss Made ETA 2824-2 Automatic which is sort of the King of all Automatic movements in which all other movements are measured by.

I'm also a big fan of the Microbrand Watch World. There are some fantastic pieces out there by some very creative watch enthusiasts. Some of my favorites are: Krypton Watch Company, H2O, NTH/Lew & Huey, Boschett, Borealis, Halios, Zelos, and a bunch more.

Anyway, I thought it might be fun to post up some pics and maybe even see if there are any interests in trading/selling within the group.(if that's allowed B?). I actually have a bunch for sale.

Here are a few watches in my collection

Rolex DateJust 116234
Jeager LeCoultre Master Compressor Dualmatic
Breitling Superocean A17364
Sinn U2 EZM 5
Japy Aquatique 08
H2O Orca Polished
Krypton Dragonfish

I have a bunch more but i'll post those later

Feel free to post up some of yours.

Attachments

• RDJ1.jpg
    RDJ1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 405
  • JLC1.jpg
    JLC1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 365
  • b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 376
  • sinnu26.jpg
    sinnu26.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 363
  • japy9.jpg
    japy9.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_20180523_154901.jpg
    IMG_20180523_154901.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 374
  • dragonfish.jpg
    dragonfish.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 344
i have an apple watch series 3. i use it for monitoring my fitness, heart rate, track lap timing.

oh and it tells the time and date.

I have a few watches. My favorite is the Daniel Wellington. Looks a lot more expensive than it is, and super low profile. But it runs out of juice after 1 year and needs a new battery. Not nearly as convenient as the automatic submariner datejust.

I was up to about 45-50 watches at one point

Ever since I stopped collecting basketball/baseball cards as a kid, I haven't really invested money behind collecting stuff.

I'd rather have 1 Ferrari than 100 Hondas. If I started with 45 watches, I would trade until i had about 4-5 watches. Like Omegas, Rolexs, etc.

Ever since I stopped collecting basketball/baseball cards as a kid, I haven't really invested money behind collecting stuff.

I'd rather have 1 Ferrari than 100 Hondas. If I started with 45 watches, I would trade until i had about 4-5 watches. Like Omegas, Rolexs, etc.

It's not really, "investing". It's more of a hobby like buying a lot of guns or modding all the cars you get, but yea that's kind of what i was talking about.
Selling and trading those 50ish watches until i had a collection of higher ends ones like my Jeager LeCoultre, Rolex, Breitling, Sinn. I've flipped a bunch of watches over the years for good profits. I actually traded a $250 watch for a $600 watch, traded that $600 watch for a $1000 watch, traded a $1000 watch for a $2650 and sold that watch for $2000. I've done tons of similar deals like that over the past couple years, though not to that extreme.

1 Ferrari in the watch world would be a Patek Phillip, Audemars Piguet, A. Lange & Sohne, Vacheron Constatinine, F.P. Journe, Hublot, Jeager Lecoultre(higher end ones).

Floyd Mayweather however has like 100 Ferrari's lol

Saw that video the other day on the Joe Rogan podcast. Floyd is new money. that dude is going to be a hard luck story when he gets old. he just spends on too much frivolous stuff. I'd also guess that he'll get hit with tax fraud one day as well.

I actually really love watches. I think they're intriguing and would love to have a couple of good ones. A couple of problems I have though, between sports and being in the military working on fighter jets (watches not allowed with either), I never wore watches enough to get comfortable wearing them. And oddly, I'm 6'1" 180 pounds, and I have skinny wrists. The new iWatch just looks like I rested a tv on my arm. lol

Last edited:
I recently started wearing a watch again. Just got a $15 casio and told myself that if I wore it for a year then I could buy something nicer . Well that was last year and now I'm looking for something nicer. Not crazy though just around $200. Looking for suggestions. Must be analog and durable. I work outside and it'll be getting wet and dirty often. I was thinking maybe a citizen eco drive? What else should I be looking at?

I recently started wearing a watch again. Just got a $15 casio and told myself that if I wore it for a year then I could buy something nicer . Well that was last year and now I'm looking for something nicer. Not crazy though just around $200. Looking for suggestions. Must be analog and durable. I work outside and it'll be getting wet and dirty often. I was thinking maybe a citizen eco drive? What else should I be looking at?

I've had a Citizen Calibre 8700 (I think?) for about 8 years now. I wear it nearly every M-F and it has worked flawlessly the entire time. The finish still looks pretty good and I wouldn't say I've been easy on it. Definitely a worthwhile investment.

Edit: this exact watch https://www.macys.com/shop/product/...iW_4yXqfB7_hJ-oSXe04k4vixLjyzXCgaAjeUEALw_wcB

I've got a titanium eco drive that has been my daily watch for at least 10 years now and it has given me no issues at all

I really want to get in to some autos but this damn eco drive is spoiling me

The display looks a little bulky/busy for my taste. But if you are looking for a watch you can just wear and not really worry or think about, a Citizen Eco-Drive will do it

The display looks a little bulky/busy for my taste. But if you are looking for a watch you can just wear and not really worry or think about, a Citizen Eco-Drive will do it
That's exactly what I'm looking for. Accurate and functional. My $15 casio second hand regularly hits between seconds lol i have to reset it every other week when it gets to be a few minutes off. Some day I'll buy a dressy fancy watch but not right now.

Looking through the reviews that face looks a little big for my taste. I could see that catching on stuff a lot. The quest continues!

I've got a titanium eco drive that has been my daily watch for at least 10 years now and it has given me no issues at all

I really want to get in to some autos but this damn eco drive is spoiling me

I'd start with some simple Seiko Automatics..like a SKX if you like dive style or like a SNZG line if you like field style or something in the Presage line if you like dressy...you just can't go wrong with Seiko. There are also tons of Microbrands out there that use Seiko and Citizen Automatic Movements that are affordable.

Once you start going Swiss Movements or Swiss made, it's obviously going to get pricer but there are some great deals out there on brands like Tissot and Hamilton, even Mido and Victorinox in the Swiss Automatic world.

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Accurate and functional. My $15 casio second hand regularly hits between seconds lol i have to reset it every other week when it gets to be a few minutes off. Some day I'll buy a dressy fancy watch but not right now.

Casio makes some pretty bad ass watches in the Japanese Market. Check out the Casio Oceanus line up. I really like the Casio OCEANUS OCW-S100-1AJF. Except for diving, it's a perfect all around watch. Titanium Build, Sapphire Crystal with anti reflective coating to reduce glare, 100 Meter Water Resistance, A World Timer so you can tell time in any time zone, GPS/Atomic so it automatically sets itself to the most accurate time no matter where you are, Tough Movement as found in Gshocks, Solar powered, Superluminova on the hands and indices.

Check out a review here

Casio makes some pretty bad ass watches in the Japanese Market. Check out the Casio Oceanus line up. I really like the Casio OCEANUS OCW-S100-1AJF. Except for diving, it's a perfect all around watch. Titanium Build, Sapphire Crystal with anti reflective coating to reduce glare, 100 Meter Water Resistance, A World Timer so you can tell time in any time zone, GPS/Atomic so it automatically sets itself to the most accurate time no matter where you are, Tough Movement as found in Gshocks, Solar powered, Superluminova on the hands and indices.

Check out a review here

Just a little out of my price range lol I like the g-shocks but I'm just not a fan of how they put digital stuff even on the analogs. Dive and field watches seem the catch my eye the most for sure.

Back