We have lost our damned minds

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I love america. It's green pastures, majestic forests, beautiful place with interesting and beautiful features. Smoky mountains, Rockies, the Mississippi river delta, Even some of our architecture and achievements.

I can not, however, say the same about the ugly face of fat, christian slobs and power-hungry meglomaniacs that use this awesome country as a fucking cat box. You know who you are.

-> Steve

wow

i hate the people that live in this country, i'm going to buy land in the middle of fucking montana, build a cabin and pretend the world doesn't exist

Originally posted by Celerity@Jan 21 2005, 12:07 AM
I love america. It's green pastures, majestic forests, beautiful place with interesting and beautiful features. Smoky mountains, Rockies, the Mississippi river delta, Even some of our architecture and achievements.

I can not, however, say the same about the ugly face of fat, christian slobs and power-hungry meglomaniacs that use this awesome country as a fucking cat box. You know who you are.

-> Steve
[post=448991]Quoted post[/post]​

Here here!!! :ditto: :yes: :concur:

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Jan 20 2005, 11:08 PM
wow

i hate the people that live in this country, i'm going to buy land in the middle of fucking montana, build a cabin and pretend the world doesn't exist
[post=448993]Quoted post[/post]​

Make it Lincoln, MT. Then you'll be the next Unabomber. :lol:

Again, let's try to keep this thread from becoming a flame war against peoples beliefs here. I'm sure most "christains" here aren't "fat slobs" and think Spongebob Squarepants is gay.

I always thought that the nutty fundamentalists were in middle America.

Originally posted by Guy@Jan 21 2005, 01:39 AM
I always thought that the nutty fundamentalists were in middle America.
[post=449025]Quoted post[/post]​

:ph34r:

hes right u know

Christian groups however have taken exception to the tolerance pledge on the foundation's Web site, which asks people to respect the sexual identity of others along with their abilities, beliefs, culture and race.

"Their inclusion of the reference to 'sexual identity" within their 'tolerance pledge' is not only unnecessary, but it crosses a moral line," James Dobson, founder of Focus on the Family, said in a statement released Thursday.

on their website, their WEBSITE!!.. Gimme a break! How many school kids are gonna run home and visit the website of the folks that produced a video they're likely to not pay attention to anyway?!

I can just see little Timmy saying to himself, "That was an awesome piece of cinema! I MUST jot down their html address and see what these cats are all about! Go homos!!"

Sheesh!!

it's so funny that the christian extremist groups come up with this shit, and then many people, probably including the groups, think they represent the feelings of the entire christian population.

ridiculous

i'm a christian, and I support spongebob!

Spongebob is a little fruity, but I'm not complaining.

I don't get it what's wrong with gay people in general, I know some gay people and they're just normal people, I even chill with them sometimes. They don't go around touching people and trying to pick up random dudes. I mean, they attempt to flirt with some people but they don't go overboard.

hello christian, and welcome to spongebob anonymous

and my boss is a little gay... nah, A WHOLE LOT GAY

he's normal, just loves men...

at least he's not out giving little boys jesus juice

and this cartoon thing is nothing new...
cartoons have always had horrible morals...
bert and ernie, two guys living together, not cartoons but still for kids...
mickey and minnie, never married = adultery...

but its just FUCKING CARTOONS... these people need to let it go...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 21 2005, 12:04 AM
america sucks.
[post=448984]Quoted post[/post]​

No those flaming homosexual christian activists who are bitching that something stands for "accepting homosexuals" when it has nothing to do with that is what really sucks.

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude+Jan 21 2005, 09:53 AM-->
it's so funny that the christian extremist groups come up with this shit, and then many people, probably including the groups, think they represent the feelings of the entire christian population.

ridiculous

i'm a christian, and I support spongebob!
[post=449083]Quoted post[/post]​

Same here - i cant stand it when a few over zealous christians ruin it for the rest of us by doing something like this.

The do the best job making our faith look like a total joke when in reality, they are using their faith to justify an extremist view [like radical muslims?].

pissedoffsol
@Jan 21 2005, 12:04 AM
america sucks.
[post=448984]Quoted post[/post]​

And B, not to flame, but if America sux then you live in the wrong country.

Damn... wait till the Christian fundamentalists catch a whiff of all the imported stuff us anime junkies watch. They'd want to ban all of it.

Originally posted by Blanco+Jan 21 2005, 11:39 AM-->
And on that note...I just love it when the only response people have when someone else is upset with the way the country is going is, "love it or leave it". Some people voice their opinions and are upset because they care about their country.

You know what? The America of today does, in fact, suck. The country is so divided by political, relgious, and socio-economic lines that it's ridiculous. As it stands now, this country is on its way to join the Roman Empire and ancient Egypt. This country is tearing itself apart from the inside out.
[post=449131]Quoted post[/post]​

*** edit *** i thought u were b since i just glanced at ur buddy icon . . . you guys should work somethin out since this is real confusing

Blanco, one could also argue that the fact that we Americans have the right to hold our own political views, religeious views, economic views, etc is what makes our country great.

You are free to think and express your opinions withought fear of imprisonment or unjust persecution -> not many places on earth have that.

I agree with you that our country headed the way of the roman empire, and ancient egypt, but such is the way of all great human accomplishments (they dont last forever). Being imperfect beings, nothing we design will be perfect or last forever.

Calesta
@Jan 21 2005, 12:24 PM
Damn... wait till the Christian fundamentalists catch a whiff of all the imported stuff us anime junkies watch. They'd want to ban all of it.
[post=449167]Quoted post[/post]​

Lol, ghosts in the shell is an excellent movie . . . . . a woman like that (the major) has got to be a total machine in the beadroom :lol:

basically... it's because kids don't catch it anyway... only the adults see it. all they know is spongebob is funny, stupid, and odd.

after going back and watching old episodes of the smurfs, you realize... holy crap... these guys are total drug addicts... and smurfette? the ONLY girl? jeez...

vanity was OBVIOUSLY gay... not only in his tone of voice, but his constant primping... but we never got the warnings on those shows, and to be honest, no one in the target age range is paying attention.

they just won't see it.

Spongebob always seemed like a queerbucket to me.

But that's just absurd. There's no way you can prove a connection.

Spongebob always seemed like a queerbucket to me.

But that's just absurd. There's no way you can prove a connection.

Its just like if you hold up a black and white silouhette of a naked women, a child will not see it. They will say they see a black blob on a white paper.

What you don't know can't hurt you. What they don't know they don't see, intepret or reconize it as anything wrong. I guess in a way it could be semi-detrimental, only because parents wouldn't like to see their son and his best "boy" friend kissing or hugging or skipping down the street holding hands like jolly little fruitcakes, they wil eventually learn it's not accustomary for boys to be doing that.

Back