webhosting?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

invisibledemon

Bored
VIP
any recommendations for web hosting? budget friendly is always a preference. but, mainly want something that can have as many domains as i want, in case i want to make numerous different sites.
looked at hostgator, but it seems that the terms of use are pretty restricting and not privacy based.

i'm looking at starting off with a basic blog to get my feet wet then go from there in experimenting with different types of sites. also might set up a private site to create my own sort of cloud storage, and eventually host a site to view security camera footage remotely when im able to invest in a proper camera set up, which is why privacy is wanted. im pretty skeptical about using googles cloud service thanks to their inability to know when the big gov is sticking fingers in their back doors, or their unwillingness to actually fight it, whichever it may be.

Not cheap, but Rackspace Cloud Sites lets you have as many domains as you want. :)

You're probably best off going with some kind of VPS that has cPanel included. I don't have any recommendations for you, but from what you mentioned, it seems like that's what you're after.

DO is a cloud droplet. advanced stuff that is not normal web hosting (i'm still trying to figure it out....)
Hg.. i wouldn't host anything there.

asmallorange.com or servint is where you want to be

went with orange. thanks for the rec.
seemed the better choice as far as cost effectiveness for something that may or may not hold my interest. upgrading is always an option anyway.

DO is definitely not for new users. It's a kernel virtualized machine, it's very similar to a normal VPS, and if they're using some of the new patches for KVM it's a lot faster than Xen or VMWare based VPSes.

I think you probably made the best choice for what you asked for.

Back