Weird electrical problems in 91 crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

34diesel34

Import Tuner
I'm having some weird electrical problems in my 91crx. The lights in the middle of the gauge cluster for the e-brake, door, trunk and seatbelts stay on all the time with the car off and no key in the ignition. I even disconnected the igniton switch and all of these lights still stay on. If I fasten the seatbelts, close the doors, and trunk they'll go out. They are not supposed to be on with the car turned off.The light for the e-brake will not go off even when it's down.It only goes off when i disconnect the battery. Is there something in the car controlling these that's gone bad?

What ever this is is causing the car not to start. everthing related to starting is good. Brand new battery, starter was taken off and tested good, clutch switch is good, replaced the starter relay, starter fuse is good, replaced the ignition switch.

Maybe pull the cluster to see if the printed circuit decal (not sure what it's called) that the bulbs twist into aren't pinched anywhere.
Check your grounds again.
What was done to the car?
All 'stock'? or LED lights in the cluster?

E

I pulled the cluster and found a burned area on the back of the cluster, and a wire burned around the end where it plugs into the cluster. The rubber coating is burned off of the speedometer cable on the transmission end as well. I still have not found what caused this. The only thing I came up with is something shorted out inside the cluster.

SUC50691a_zpscdd58b66.jpg

SUC50684a_zps8c25ff87.jpg

I thought so..

I picked up a civic si that a shop couldn't get going..
Bought it, took about 2 hours pulling all the alarm system out and drove it (beat it) for 3yrs and still got 37 mpg

You don't know what caused it??
Pull all that ricer poop out of it, fix the wires and it'll be fine.
There's several harness on Ebay. Message them and see if they have the dash harness.

E

Back