Weird stuff at Home Depot

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
I went to Home Depot to get some Mig wire.

First, I pull up and some guy is all interested in the Audi, offering me 5.5k cash for it, I said no and just told him where I bought it.

While I was talking to this guy, this other guy comes up to me. And asks me to return some shit for him because he didn't have ID. I kept saying no, but finally gave in.

So I went in, returned his shit, all the lady asked for was to see if I was who I was. Looked at the ID and refunded the shit. I told the guy he had to buy me whatever I needed at HD for me to do it. He agreed, I got the $89 gift card thing and bought my 2#'s of MIG wire for 9.XX.

So I just got a free 2 lb's of MIG wire.

I bet the shit was stolen or something.

I knew this guy a few years ago who made his living off doing that stuff. He would go jack a Home Depot for say like $300 worth of stuff. Then go to another Home Depot and return the items, get the store credit, then turn around and sell it for half the amount that was on the card to like construction workers and shit. they jumped all over, hell, I probably would have also.
For some people who are wondering how he gets away with $300 in items in the first place, have you seen some of the crap that they sell. He told me that in the plumber section they have a pack of Zip Ties that are worth $26. I saw them with my own eyes last time I went to HD. This guy would also tell me that sometimes he would just walk out with shit. One day I seen him driving with a security door strapped to the top of his Sentra.

Haha, I knew a guy that would walk around Walmarts parking lot, find receipts, go inside and get the biggest thing on the receipt and then walk to the customer service and return it for cash :)

i knew this dude that built condo type places...

him and a friend would go and load two carts with all the same shit, like 2 water heaters, 2 terlets, 2 shower surrounds, etc etc etc...

then he would pay for one, and walk out with the other and it owuldn't set any of the sensors off cause it just went thought the system as a sale...

Haha, I knew a guy that would walk around Walmarts parking lot, find receipts, go inside and get the biggest thing on the receipt and then walk to the customer service and return it for cash

i went to walmart lastnight and was gonna try and exchange a broke ass stanley ratchet for a new one... looked at the back of the package and it gives contact info and says do not return broke tools to the store...

so i go to leave, with my broke ratchet in my hand and the walmart special security was staring at me, pointed and asked what it was... i said, look its already broke, i brought it in with me...

don't know if this is techniclly illegal, but when I was in high school, I worked at JC Penny, in the stock room/warehouse at night. Since I was an employee, i got like a 30% discount on anything i bought. So my buddies and I used to go to the clearence racks and grab all the pairs of (what at that time was new and so popular) Silvertab Levi's. We'd buy anything as far as size and color. Then we would drive to a mall outa town and go exchange them for new pairs, at say a May Co. or somewhere expensive, claiming the were bought as a present (hence no receipt) and are the wrong size. well with no receipt, the will only exchange. The kicker is that when you exchange an item,...guess what, they give you a receipt. Go back another day and you have a new pair of pants and a receipt...I want my money back. They can't argue. Use to buy these pants like 4-5 pairs at a time for say $100 for all, and turn around and end up with like $350-400 after all was said and done. we were kids...

Originally posted by hybrid89@Jun 17 2005, 06:01 PM
don't know if this is techniclly illegal, but when I was in high school, I worked at JC Penny, in the stock room/warehouse at night. Since I was an employee, i got like a 30% discount on anything i bought. So my buddies and I used to go to the clearence racks and grab all the pairs of (what at that time was new and so popular) Silvertab Levi's. We'd buy anything as far as size and color. Then we would drive to a mall outa town and go exchange them for new pairs, at say a May Co. or somewhere expensive, claiming the were bought as a present (hence no receipt) and are the wrong size. well with no receipt, the will only exchange. The kicker is that when you exchange an item,...guess what, they give you a receipt. Go back another day and you have a new pair of pants and a receipt...I want my money back. They can't argue. Use to buy these pants like 4-5 pairs at a time for say $100 for all, and turn around and end up with like $350-400 after all was said and done. we were kids...
[post=513558]Quoted post[/post]​

:worthy:
SMART!

i do some shit like that every once in a while.

Bought a dremel, it wore out. Went back to walmart, bough another dremel. Swapped one with the other glued it back up, went to a different walmart and returned it. Same with printer cartridges.

Now my sister....

She'll go to Toy's R Us, buy $800 worth of games or whatever, write someone elses check (i don't know what she does to get away with the ID thing). Go to the Toys R us 5 miles down the road. Return it all for cash. She walks away with $800, Toy's R Us is completely screwed. Whoever's checks she has/had is shit out of luck too, because it's probably gonna bounce or their bank deceided they were going to authorize it.

Another friend of mine got busted (after about four years), he had a shrink wrap machine, he would go, buy something with "aquired" credit card numbers from places he had friends working (so he could use said numbers). Hessss take the packages home, empty them and replace with phonebooks, or other random articles, and return them. Mostly he did this with computer stuff.

Good lord you guys have some crazy weird friends. I dont have any cool stories like that. I do know how alot of people steal shit from Best Buy though. Some of those ideas are damn sneaky though.

I have heard of people taking advantage of unlocked tractors out front and just bringing them into home deepthroat for a full return. I used to work at circuit shitty and you would not believe the amount of employees that got caught stealing stuff.

My brother had a friend at target that did some shady shit. He'd have a friend carry the most expensive tv or ipod through his line. He'd sell it to him, then void it a second later. Instead of the item going back on the shelf, his friend would just keep on walking out with a good receipt and the security device turned off, and the voided one would be at the register so my bro's friend was covered. He did this every single day he worked for over a year until recently.

They caught him with some small shit, so they just assumed it was his first time, and just discharged him as accordingly.

they had to know...when you void shit at most stores it logs it into the machine and at the end of that persons shift. The reciept comes out with all the voided, refunds and purchases.

Me an my old manager at Mickey D's used to make some money.

We'd get trashed at like 9-10, cause it's mcdonald's and never was really busy excpet the DT. So we'd smoke or drink. One of us came up with this brilliant idea, when people came (plenty through the DT), we'd just ring it up and stuff their money in a bag instead of the register, and delete the items and pull the people's change out of the bag, they'd never register so there was no proof. The people actually making the food saw the order come up and make the food, they were behind a huge wall, so they didn't know either. It was just me and this manager, we'd walk away with an extra 2-300 a day. One day we messed up counting a register so we got caught. We didn't have to pay, I didn't get fired and that manager quit. She had a legitamite reason. They were'nt going to fire her, they just harassed her until she quit. She was nuts, she later moved to a different MCD and robbed the entire safe, hid the money and locked herself in a freezer....she walked away with 15k.

LOL. I had a manager at bk that did that when she needed gas money.

She'd ring it up, take the money, make change, then void it afterwards.

Never got caught and still works at bk.

yeah ive heard of the walmart thing cuz my boy used to work the night shift and see them all the time and we would give them to his boys and shit and spilt it with us. but that jean thing is priceless its a little long but that just means more loops to follow

The jean thing, definitely illegal. I knew someone who did that exact scam and got busted.

As for me, I've lived on my own since I was 13 so I had to find ways to make money since you can't get a job at that age. Breaking into cars and theft from stores were my forte. For stores this is what I'd do. I knew some shady individuals and they would say stuff like "I'll give ya $400.00 for this computer in there." So what I'd do is go into the store and get the computer or whatever was requested. They keep the electronics at Target, Wal-Mart, etc etc in the electronics dept right? Well you can pay for everything back there as well. But the employees are all kids who fuckin abandon their post or just don't pay attention. So I'd load the stuff up, make sure there were no security devices (On pc's they are just glued to the side of the box so u can peel it off with little to no effort while u pick it up) then walk out the front door with it. The people at electronics think you're gonna pay for it up front, the people up front assumed you paid for it in Electronics and you just walk away with it. I mean what 13 yr old is gonna just try and walk out with a pc in 1996 right?? It's so obvious no one gets suspicious.

As for Home Depot, you go and grab like a grill, open it up and take the grill out and set it in the aisle. (This can be done with any large thing that is relatively inexpensive) take the box and start stuffing it with Oh, lets say cordless drills, then pull out your packing tape and tape the box back up. Then you take the the grill and buy it and walk out with maybe $1k worth of drills for say $200. It's easy to get away with because you never see any fucking employees there. If you were to be seen taping the box up or loading it (we called this scam box loading) you better exit the store real fast. But its not likely that anyone will notice. This also works very well with Kozy Coops?? (the little cars that kids ride in) and dvd players. Or lets say toasters and playstation games. The guys that would fence the stuff for me even had the janitor at Von Maur on the payroll. He would throw Prom Dresses and stuff like that in the dumpster and then they would get it the next day and pay someone to return, no receipt necessary. On that same note... I did janitorial work at Target. They lock you in overnight, however there is a garbage shute?? that goes outside, and all I'm saying is you could get at least a 27" down it np. I never did it because I was only a thief out of necessity. I dont enjoy stealing, it was just something I had to do to get by at the time and I happened to be very good at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back