Well darn.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
I was driving on some back roads today, breaking the new engine in. There is never anyone on NM 185 on the weekends and it is a pretty drive so I figured what the hell. I drove it all the way out to the I-25 on ramp and turned around. I only saw 3 people for the 75 mile trip North. 1 car, 1 Immigration officer at the check point, and 1 pickup. On the way back south I was doing 70-75 just south of Hatch when I see a burgundy, mid to early 80's Ford pickup (F-150 I think) slow down and flip a U behind me. I slowed down a little, and I figured that Farmer Bob forgot something and was heading back home. (This pickup looked exactly like your average farm truck. No light bar, no markings, nothing.) He then flips on the Red/Blue flashers that he has above his rear view and pulls me over. He starts going on about how he clocked me doing 83 in a 55. I said No sir, my speedometer never read that high. Then he asks for my liscense and registration, blah blah. He asks me where I work and if I am going to school, I tell him NMSU and yes. He asks me how long it would take me to pay a $170 ticket (evidently he was going to knick me for reckless or racing or something). I tell him a long time sir. So instead he tells me to slow down and gives me a ticket for 68 in a 55. Thankfully in New Mexico if you get a speeding ticket on a state highway or an interstate highway they are no points, just a fine. 13 over bought me a $70 ticket. :(

Cliffs: Cops in NM drive anything.

Damn bro, that blows. :( Cops here drive anything also. 70 isn't that bad, considering what he supposively clocked you at.

He was feeding me bullshit, trying to get me to admit to going that fast. There is no way I went over 75. I am breaking my new engine in and at that point I didn't want to push the car that hard in 5th.

dude that blows, sounds to me like the cop was an ass. in florida cops drive a lot of different cars, they are all new too. there is a drak gray tahoe, a few mustang gts of different colors, normal pos cop cars, probes, this are all just a few of the unmarked cop cars that i have seen. i live right next to the courthouse and the police station so i see all the cars that the cops have. they even have a hummer

i think somebody was lookin out for me yesterday, while i was driving to KC which is almost 200 miles away yesterday i was doing no less than a buck when not being slowed down by stupid drivers... if i would have gotten pulled over i would have been arrested, stupid warrants... anyhow, that blows man, at least he was nice about it though!

I've always wondered about cops driving one way and then saying they clocked you going so and so speed.How exactly is a moving radar gun going to measure another moving vehicles speed?It can't.

Well than the cop should get the ticket for reckless driving,since he should be watching the road instead of clocking opposing traffic.

It only works if his speedo is on and the gun is calibrated correctly. 99% of the time this is not the case. However he wrote me a ticket for the speed I was going, and the court date would have been during Spring Break so I am not going to fight it.

ok. if you are in traffic, and traffic is moving above the normal speed limit....

make sure there are a few cars in front of you, and keep an eye out for pre-mature braking.....

a good indication of some small-cocked chickenshit pussy cop on a bike with a radar gun lies up ahead......

shyt lol i hate these 2 bike cops near my neighborhood these guys weigh no less than 600 pounds and they hide behind trees and swear like they are snipers you really have to see this its hilarious they think theyre invisible ill try to post pics one day :spin:

Originally posted by karnash@Mar 16 2003, 08:21 PM
ok. if you are in traffic, and traffic is moving above the normal speed limit....

make sure there are a few cars in front of you, and keep an eye out for pre-mature braking.....

a good indication of some small-cocked chickenshit pussy cop on a bike with a radar gun lies up ahead......

This has worked for me many a time. If two cars are speeding, most of the time they will pull over the first car in the line.

ya right they will definatly pull over the car with the big muffler and all the noise and stickers and styling blah blah blah theyre not gonna pull over the old lady with the caddy lol oh ya by the way i know you guys arent sticker freaks and all that just using them as examples lol

this reminds me of a time i was in court for "something..." this guy was pleading not guilty to a speeding ticket and whatnot... cause he said he KNOWS he wasnt speeding... then he throws some bullshit in the air saying the cops gun prolly wasnt calibrated was it... with a huge smile on his face he turned around to smile at his GF... and the cop then say's, "actully it's california state law we have our radar guns calibrated before we go out on duty... here is the calibration sheet!!"

i busted up laughing and walked out of the court room to get a breath... hahaha

ONE TIME, along 190th street in torrance Ca. (this happened WAAAAY back in 1995)

i passed up a pig sitting on his bike, halfway hidden behind some bushes, pointing his radar gun at me as i drove past him (doing the speed limit)
he continued to point the radar gun at me as i was passing him (doing the speed limit)

NOW as most of you on here well know, KARNASH THE ASSHOLE does not have a very good attitude (some of the time)
and for some reason, that pig sitting on his bike, continuing to point his radar gun at me (as i was doing the speed limit)
just rubbed me the wrong way
so with nothing to do that day, i made a beeline for my parents house (was living at home at the time) went into the garage, pulled out some cardboard
and proceeded to write in big black letters,

WAVE TO THE MOTORCYLE COP SITTING BEHIND THE BUSH
50 YARDS AHEAD ON THE RIGHT

got back in my car, drove about 50 yards south of where the cop was still sitting, parked my car in the residential neighborhood,
got onto the sidewalk, and held my sign up high....

dumbshit cop couldnt figure out why for the next half an hour everybody was waving to him and doing the speed limit...

haha

omg lol!! are you serious thats the best ever i have to try it out and these fat asses :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

if you really want to lose the ticket, tell the judge your Vehicle speed sensor was out. It works every time for me. Just go to autozone buy a new one, and take the receipt to court. then take it back. Also ask if the cop was certified to run the radar, make sure he wasn't hidden from view (at least in Texas) and it was calibrated. AND theres always the cop not showing up to court. :D

man SD sucks...these stupid cops would rather pull over a loud car with a bodykit (example) or with stickers which is going 10 mph slower than an older car, but still travelling over the speed limit. LOL..my civic doesn't have ABS, (anti-lock brake system..right?), and one day i was doin' a lil' under 60 on a 45 when this cop jumps out in front of me, i guess he was hiding in the bushes, and i slam on the brakes and skid for like 50 ft. LOL it was hilarious. He barely jumped out of the way and he was sooooo pissed when he finally walked up to my car. I tried to explain my brakes locked but he didn't care. He gave me a ticket for every possible thing he could think of...speeding, tinted front windows, license plate not in right position, car being lowered. What a jerk!! And the he tells me everything besides the speeding is just a fix-it ticket and if i fix everything the ticket will be voided. Do i tear the tint off and UNLOWER MY CAR????? What a moron. oh well..the cops around here suck big time. <_<

two guys wrote sorta the same thing on a piece of cardboard but the cop found out and charged them with stunting and some other stupid shit they got off but it cost alot for a lawyer so up here we cant do that shit

Back