Well I guess I'm done with my Xbox for a while.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
I was playing some COD4 with everyone when suddenly we get into a game and I have black lines on the screen. Thinking its just a scratched disc or whatever I leave in the middle of the game to get some dinner.

When I come back, eat, and finish I go to turn it back on and there are still lines on the screen. So I turn it off, then turn it back on.

I ended up with the bottom right corner red ring on, and a message that says "E47" on the screen.

After reading a little bit about it, E47 and the bottom right red light means apparently my video component in the Xbox took a shit. 4 months after my 1 year warranty expires. Wonderful, huh? Fuck you Microsoft, 100 dollars to repair a product that cost me 350 to buy?

I guess I'm not going to be playing this for a while, I'm not paying 100 to have it repaired.

Good thing I have C&C Generals to play, and Sim City 4: Deluxe on the way.

Oh crap. You got the red ring of death. That really sucks man. Though I don't have the chance to play mine often I really do feel for you. COD is freakin' full as heck.

Its the video card in the xbox that is going bad. Heatsoaking it won't help it.

Try filing a RRoD warranty claim. They repaired my 360 that was a year and a half out of warranty. Id give it a shot anyway.

xbox 360 IMO has shitloads of sales because so many units die and new ones replace it.

anywho, "drake" if you had a RROD they offer 3 year warranty on that, since James has a different issue, MS is going to tell him to go fuck himself and pay up.

that just happened to a friends xbox and he bought it used and he got a new one for free. just had to pay for shipping

I'm impatient and hooked on 360. i'd end up buying the one that's on sale for 200 and throw my hard drive in it... That's still some bs and sucks bro!

heatsoaking may allow it to reset and give you a RRoD code.

I was getting black lines on my screen during game play. The video card just up and failed on me, I don't think Heatsoaking it is going to fix the card.

I was getting black lines on my screen during game play. The video card just up and failed on me, I don't think Heatsoaking it is going to fix the card.

just try it you lazy fucker! :)

I'll call em eventually. I'm just too busy with work, and I want to sit around and be lazy afterwork. I don't think there is one inch of Fort Wayne I didn't drive through today.

xbox 360 IMO has shitloads of sales because so many units die and new ones replace it.

anywho, "drake" if you had a RROD they offer 3 year warranty on that, since James has a different issue, MS is going to tell him to go fuck himself and pay up.

I was suggesting it with the idea in mind that they don't actually verify the claimed problem.

But yeah I would call them and see if they can work with you on it either way.

I was suggesting it with the idea in mind that they don't actually verify the claimed problem.

But yeah I would call them and see if they can work with you on it either way.

Then he sends it in on their dime, they get it and find that its not under warranty then tell him he has to pay them back for the prepaid shipping then offer to fix it for $100.00 if he doesn't want them to fix it then he needs to pay for return shipping or they wont return the xbox.

not a good idea IMO.

Then he sends it in on their dime, they get it and find that its not under warranty then tell him he has to pay them back for the prepaid shipping then offer to fix it for $100.00 if he doesn't want them to fix it then he needs to pay for return shipping or they wont return the xbox.

not a good idea IMO.

Well played good sir, well played. I just got my 360 back today and it turns out they did repair it. The first box I sent in they just swapped it out they updated the serial number and all that jazz. So things must be slow enough that they are actually testing and repairing now.

When you call XBOX now they just send you to India and those fucks don't help you for shit. I have 3 xbox in my house due to 2 redlighting at the same time and when I got my new one I wanted to switch over all my licenses and shit to my new one. They told me because I already did it before I can't do it again. My gripe was I wouldn't have had to do it in the first place if my xbox didnt shit out on me 2 times within a year. They hung up on me 2 times within a 2 hour period on the phone with them.

If they won't fix ya shit for ya do this. I went on craiglist and found a WHOLE bunch of redlighted xbox's. I picked 2 up for dirt cheap and sent em in and got them fixed and then sold em. This might be a decent option for you.

Go on the Live website and register your console if you haven't already, and start a repair claim, tehn call and confirm everything, if it is the correct error they will still fix it for free, even outside of warranty, and if they don't, they do not charge you for shipping anyway, and they'll send it back to you for free. I sent my other one in, but the dipshit that had it before me tried to do the x clamp mod, and didn't know what the fuck he was doing. Do NOT open it up, if you do, they will not take it no matter what, they won't fix it even if you pay them.

There is no "fix" that actually fixes the problem. There are a couple that can mask the problem for a little bit, but since it is caused by faulty hardware, and production there's nothing that can be done, except actually replacing the problem pieces.

I went to gamestop on Tuesday and bought a brand new arcade xbox.

So now I have a broken Xbox 360, power supply, controller and av cables for sale...

If you want it, I'll sell it to you then you can try to get it repaired for free.

Back