Well... I should have seen it coming.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Justin66

The Hondaswap Canadian
Bad news my friends, I got my first speeding ticket ever (yes yes i know ive been lucky).

It was a big one too, with alot of explaining and so the story begins.....

On my way to work last night i decided to go for one of my common scenic drives through some back roads around the general Wal-Mart area (where i work). I came to a road that goes from a rural highway, 80km/h and then to a 70km/h valley, once the valley ends it turns into a city street which is 60km/h and short distance to Wal-Mart. I took a set of lights from a back road onto the valley (which is also short..... maybe 1/8 kms), and giving it a quick full throttle from 1st to 3rd and then evening out. There is a Subaru dealership just at the beginning of valley and its quite dark. There lies a strange looking Ford Explorer, odd in a Subaru dealer, no lights on, thought maybe it was for sale but it still gave me a weird feeling, so i slowed to the 70km/h just as i passed it, VTEC and all. This valley is wide, dark, straight and nothing around it other than the dealership. No houses and no traffic, especially at 10:45pm. I pulled into the Wal-Mart parking lot, with a big set of headlight in my mirror and then.......... red flashing lights. FUCK ME so it was a god damn cop! And the SOB pulled me over 2km later at my work. I watched as some of my co-workers pulled in and parked. Great now i have some explaining to do, to like 35 people......

The cop came to my window, "Dude i sure hope you dont always drive like that, do you have a speedometer? Doesnt it work? I got you clocked at 119km/h in a 70km/h zone. Licence and registration. You were 1 km/h under to be considered stunt driving, which could mean a 7 day roadside licence suspension and car impoundment." He came back 5 mins later..... felt like an hour. "Here is your ticket, here are your options, have a good night."....... quick.

The ticket had a set fine of $260, he gave me $359.00 payable. He could have easily gave me the stunt driving charge. He was Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), which would be like state police for you. They patrol outside cities, which i technically was. They are known for their strictness.

He was generous...

So now i have a $359 ticket, probably some points off my licence, increased insurance premium, teasing co-workers and an angry girlfriend. Teaches me for being stupid, i think i have learned my lesson. DONT SPEED PAST THAT DEALERSHIP AGAIN. Lol im kidding, i need to slow down.

Wish me luck guys, angry GF's are the worst. I am getting over it, its only money and some bruised ego...... lets see how long it takes to smooth this all over.
:axe:

Last edited:
dont do the crime if you cant pay the fine.... gotcha

Why is your GF angry? I don't see why anyone should be mad at you for getting a speeding ticket other than yourself. And sorry man, fines are lame.

Why is your GF angry? I don't see why anyone should be mad at you for getting a speeding ticket other than yourself. And sorry man, fines are lame.
You know women, she's proabably mad because that Coach purse she wanted was $359, and now she can no longer get it... lol j/k

My girlfriend would be mad too, but then again we are broke and have two kids to feed so I would understand her anger lol.

Ease up on the right pedal there, speed racer :p

ughh...we was looking at Coach purses again for the wife today....I've never been so bored out of my skull. I hate it when I bring home a big paycheck. :(

"I want to make a difference. The only thing I know how to do is drive. Since thats all I know how to do, thats what I'm going to do... is drive."
-Speed Racer

I got popped doin 84 in a 30 once cause some guy thought his jeep cherokee was fast.... I got a seatbelt ticket.
I am a rehabilitated light to light racer.
Now I only do it from intersection to intersection.

you down with OPP? lol

What do you mean by that?

Ya the GF is over it, i agree, the only person who should be disappointed is me and i am, but its just a speeding ticket. A big one but still a simple traffic violation, couple years ago it would just be a fine and stuff now its almost criminal. Now im just worried about my insurance, just got a small raise at work, which will now probably be going to the extra insurance. I am putting my car away in a month anyway, and i will be looking for a new insurance company since i am overpaying as it is, lets hope i have no problem getting accepted to a new one. Only a few people know what the ticket really was, my best friend, GF and a few select people at work, everyone else i told is was only 20km/h over and $120, no biggie. Wont tell the parents, mom wouldnt take it too well.

Just want this payed and over with, 3 years and its off my record i believe. Thanks for support, we all make mistakes.

359 is nothin. I got a $400 ticket instead of going to jail doing 110 in a 60 (MPH). God i love shift changes.

You just gotta learn from experiences and not make the same mistake over and over.

I have learned my lesson, i still drive a little heavy but not in excess of the speed limit much, its only been like 12 hours and its already setting in. I have been lucky, but now im on the hit list for a bit, so better be low profile, lower than i already was. I mean really, a dead country road... parked with the cars for sale..... not fair.

Yup, i know i am planning it, possibly some track time, gotta wait til spring.

That's right, you guys actually get winters. Our winters are generally pretty mild.

Ok im in a bit of a dilemma. I have a few options. I can:

A: Pay the ticket today, get it over with and take it like a man. Probably the easiest but crappiest option.

B: Meet with the Justice of the Peace and beg like a pussy to see if maybe he could reduce the ticket for me, i have been told he almost always does.

C: Wait for my friend to come into town on Monday (from Alberta), he is an RCMP officer and he can tell me what to do.

Anyone got an opinion on this? Has anyone ever met with the Justice of the Peace? Do i dress up? lol I have no idea....

Not sure how it works in your counrty- but it sounds kinda of like what happened to me in Washington state - In Seattle I got a parking violation- and all I had to do what speak to the county official(who ever that may be) usually a mayor... Let him know your situation - make him understand how you feel- that you were wrong - and if there is anything he can do to help(money wise). I got a $200 Ticket reduced to a $75 one for 20 mins of conversation. It's your money you do what you feel most comfortable with.

Back