Well remember my buddys new CBR?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jdubspeeds

Well me and byron took the bikes out for a ride tonight. We were hanging out in parking lot with a bunch of cars that were meeting up to go street racing. As the cars were starting to leave we decided we were gonna go too. As I was riding away I hit the gas a bit on my bike to take off a bit fast and my bike starting sliding sideways, immediatley I backed off the throttle and corrected the bike. As I was slowing down I heard a engine rev up really high and then I see my buddy and his bike sliding on the ground passing me on my left hand side. I slowed my bike to a stop, watched my buddy slide to a stop without his bike, and then watched his bike slide on its side toward a sidewalk. The bike then hit the sidewalk snapped its frame and flew about 15 feet into the air and hit a wall. I feel so lucky it wasnt me, as the same thing happened to both of us because the parking lot was very slick and our tires were still cold. We got his bike back to our shop with a truck some dude had. We started taking the parts off and realized that the swing arm snapped at the weld, the frame cracked in the front, and the engine had a bunch of cracks in it as well. He is fine and only has a couple scrapes, so he is very lucky. Shitty Night :( Were suppose to go riding tommorow too :( :blink:

Yeah that bike was fun, sad to see it go. I slid like 50 yards on the pavement before i stopped. Oh well, live and learn.

Sux dude. Gotta watch them tires & make sure they've warmed up before taking off at all. It worries me a little bit that it snapped at the weld. Good luck fixing it. Insurance?

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Mar 28 2004, 10:59 AM
you had that bike for like three friggin days? :wtf: mate

That's not as bad as my friend who was test-driving another friend's bike a couple weeks ago. He hadn't decided if he wanted to buy it yet. He was on it for like a minute, took off too fast, & slid it on the side. Needless to say, he bought the bike. :lol:

I was wearing a jacket and gloves, jacket wasnt zipped up but it still worked just got a little scrape on my chest from the roll. My pants were torn to hell and I got a few good scrapes on my left leg. My shoulder popped out during the roll but popped back in a little bit later. Im pretty sore today, and more piised that its a really nice day to go riding :( Oh well I guess that will teach me to warm up the tires and be more carefull on my next one. Any body selling an F4i? lol

Unfortunatley I didnt have insurance so im fucked there, but I do have around 1500 worth of parts to sell and get some of my money back, and technically i had the bike a week, lol

That really sucks. He wasn't hurt too bad was he? just a few scrapes or bruises or something I hope?

As I was slowing down I heard a engine rev up really high and then I see my buddy and his bike sliding on the ground passing me on my left hand side.

haha I dunno I think I woulda started laughing after seeing that.

I was just thinking holy shit. Then watched his bike hit that curb. I stopped got off my bike, walked over to byron who was examining his bike at this point and said "great you fucked your bike dude"

a lot of people I know who ride street bikes have been droppin them lately. I can think of about 5 people I know who've done it in the past 3 weeks. 1 was actually hit by a car as his bike was up in the air. suffered broken elbow, wrist, fingers among other things. A couple of them have been trying to get me to get a bike but I know I'd kill myself so I'll just stick to cars.

Originally posted by Blanco@Mar 28 2004, 02:43 PM
That's why you don't get anything powerful until you learn how to control a POS.

what he said
thats why i was asking about that 50cc honda lol

My last bike was a 89 ex500 which i could control pretty damn well. The problem last night was that my tires were cold and when i shifted to second at about 11,000 rpm i hit a bump and my front end popped up. From there it was pretty much all over.

Were you guys still in the parking lot when he let it go?

I've had my share of close calls and with out having riding experience I would have lost it MANY times!

good luck on parting it out

is the engine worth anything? can you replace the cracked casings?

P.S did you have frame sliders? Im guessing no

p.p.s anyone who has a bike INSTALL FRAME SLIDERS!

sorry to hear about the crash =(

Jeff

So, basically your friend was acting like a jackass in a parking lot, trying to show off, & couldn't controll an unexpected wheelie. Now that I can picture the story, I don't feel sorry. Bikes are not something to fuck around on. Usually when someone does something stupid, they get what's coming to them.

Where in the story did it say he did a wheelie? His rear wheel broke loose and his bike slid out from under him. He was not showing off. We were just leaving, we werent even going with everyone else, we were heading home. Ya he used poor judgement and lost control, but I dont think he was acting like a jackass.

Back