Well the Elantra is totalled

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
post-11480-1420327956.jpg

she cut across 3 lanes of traffic and the civic ran into her hard enough to push the suspension into the engine cradle/frame. the subframe is cracked. my daughter was on that side in the back and bounced her head off the window. she was more mad she didnt get any donuts for breakfast than getting hurt from the accident (neither were hurt though, ayla just had a small bump above her eyebrow).

the civic was obviously speeding, it was just a young kid and this was his 2nd accident in 2 months. i think he was 19. mommy and daddy were there, they were smoking and joking so im sure they will buy him another car if his is totaled (leaking coolant/oil/etc)

the picture is misleading. kristen was pulling across 3 lanes of traffic from the right in the direction of the arrow on the road. the civic hit the car hard enough to spin it almost 90 degrees. sadly, the cop understood the plight and the other driver was not cited only because kristen was 100% wrong. funny thing is the civic was pulling into that same parking lot. personally im not sure how the car could have made the turn at that speed.

the elantra has run into 2 other cars in the front, and been run over by a handicap van, the passenger side suspension destroyed by a giant boulder in the road, and now this. its been a total trooper and worth the money we spent/put into it. so im not mad. just aggravated about the stupid laws.

post-11480-1420328006.jpg

the NEW CAHHH is a VW jetta its an 07 GLS 5 speed with 55K on it. dealer maintained 1 owner. listed for 9700 we got it for 8900. fully loaded minus sunroof. heated leather. premium sound. 2.5L NA bulletproof engine. its almost immaculate inside, and besides some very minor scratches on the outside just as nice.

just happened a month early i guess as we were ditching the elantra at tax time.

Glad no one got hurt.

Are those rims enkei pf01's? Thinking about running those on my hatch and wonder how they held up in the accident.

they are drag dr31. that wheel is toast, the whole inner lip is missing for about 3 inches on the inside where it contacted the strut/frame. it holds air, and doesnt look bent though.

sadly this was the same wheel we replaced in the early summer when kristen ran the car into a boulder in the road.

i read 3 times, and i'm still not sure why she ended up backwards after crossing 3 lanes of traffic? she was in the left, wanting to go into the right lane?

i read 3 times, and i'm still not sure why she ended up backwards after crossing 3 lanes of traffic? she was in the left, wanting to go into the right lane?

That's what i assumed. I read it 3 or 4 times as well. Sounds like she wanted to make a right turn or turn into a parking lot and jumped too many lanes too fast.

Took a left across 3 lanes of traffic. Came to a stop with the front end in the middle of the last lane then was struck by the civic which was supposedly turning into the same lot she was.

Glad she and your daughter are ok (I didn't even know you had a kid!), but damn she needs to be more careful. Especially with precious cargo on board.

Damn man. Glad they're ok. Looks like it could have been rough though. Hopefully no lingering injuries.

Ooooooooh I get it now. She turned across three lanes of ONCOMING traffic. I was picturing something like that video from family guy where the Asian woman cuts across 3 lanes of traffic for the exit and says "good luck everyone else!" I knew that couldn't be the case though.

Ooooooooh I get it now. She turned across three lanes of ONCOMING traffic. I was picturing something like that video from family guy where the Asian woman cuts across 3 lanes of traffic for the exit and says "gooduh ruck evybody else!" I knew that couldn't be the case though.

FTFY

believe me i totally get it. she could have easily just driven through the intersection and turned right into the same parking lot, instead of turning right and then left to get into it.

yeah b16 i've practically adopted kristens 7 year old daughter. been raising her for 5+ years now.

everything is square, we pick it up tonight.

registered, insured, inspected.

i'm happy to say the jetta is a fine car. runs and drives well. the 5 cylinder engine produces a peculiar growl, and is peppy.

unfortunately the jetta has been rear ended. by a young kid in a rotbox ford explorer no less. $550 in damage, insurance is replacing the rear bumper and trim with a BRAND NEW OEM one (i would not accept anything less), absorber beam too. right under the JETTA emblem. none of the under aero panels are damanged, and the trunk was missed by about 2 inches. and we'll get a rental.

Back