Well, this sucks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
Gas in Rockland county

Gas in Queens

Gas in Central NJ

Predicted 2006 figures in the Tristate are $5.00 a gallon.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Aug 18 2005, 05:14 AM

Predicted 2006 figures in the Tristate are $5.00 a gallon.
[post=541715]Quoted post[/post]​

Who predicted this? I honestly do not see that happening, if it does however, in brief, our economy is done.

I just watched it on the News. Same people who predicted it was gonna go to $3.00 this year.

In short, you keep buying it, they'll keep raising it. Supply and Demand, They still have plenty of supply. They have way too much demand, they're taking advantage of it.

Normally, when there is ENOUGH Supply, the price is dropped, its when there is a high demand is when the prices inflate.

they still have PLENTY of supply.

Demand is just WAY up there, and obviously people are willing to pay $30 + to fill their honda.

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Aug 18 2005, 09:27 AM
Who predicted this? I honestly do not see that happening, if it does however, in brief, our economy is done.
[post=541731]Quoted post[/post]​

they said the same shit about 2.50..... and then 3.00....

and frankly, i haven't noticed a thing differnt except in my direct fuel bill.

5.00 in one year would not suprise me...

china's demand is going through the roof...

OPEC can lick my balls...

send china back into the stone age and oil prices will drop again :ph34r:

send the bush family back to a wad on a paper towel, and watch gas prices drop :ph34r:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 18 2005, 06:24 AM
i paid 2.99 for 93 the other day :(
[post=541730]Quoted post[/post]​

Shit I paid that for 91 yesterday Chevron of course if you want you can mark this
down as another reason Cali sucks if you want Bri.

it's just that - people can't go without driving. and for whatever reason, most people continue to own and drive thirsty SUVs.

the middle east is starting to take advantage of our need for oil ......thats how the will try to destroy us....

starting to take advantage?? where have you been since the 70's
lol

i think 2 things need to happen very soon
1, get rid of the gas guzzlers...
less gas guzzlers = more supply for the rest of us, thereby lowering prices in the short term

2, get the fuck out of fossil fuels...
the technology is there, but it is held back by big business because oil is more profitable for now...

if oil became extremely unprofitable i bet we would see an alternative energy source up and running within 2 years providing it can use some of the existing infrastructure...

and it really is amusing how fuel/petro prices keep rising, but the oil companies are bragging about having the most profitable quarters EVER...

thats just great...

and how about taxation without representation...
taxing something that is a necessity should be illegal, kinda like how food has no sales tax (in NY)
i heard an average figure of 40 cents per gallon goes to fed and state taxes...
2 bucks a gallon goes to gouging :ph34r:

i wasnt born in the 70's

and when i came to the states gas was 88c a gallon.....what i meant was that since that saudy king guy died gas has gone up alot

You will never see the end of big, gas guzzling machines.

It's just like cigarettes, they can keep raising the prices, but smokers will stil buy them. I said that when a pack of cigarettes hits 5 bucks, I'm quitting. It never happened, at times I pay $7 a pack.

I think it costs all of a US nickle to produce 1 gallon of fuel.

its not production its the original cost....a barrel is split up into many categories....so not that much oil goes to produce lead free gas

Crude oil prices have been steadily rising since the late 1990s. The price of light crude closed at $36.70 a barrel on Tuesday in trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

barrel- Any of various units of volume or capacity. In the U.S. Customary System it varies, as a liquid measure, from 31 to 42 gallons (120 to 159 liters) as established by law or usage.

Plain and simple, big business rapes the US consumer...period. Corporations know you ain't gonna do shit about it except, sit and bitch then pay up.

Back