Went Bed shopping with the woman

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy

So...Here's the low down...I've needed a bed for about 2 years...i have a crappy Serta Full size bed that is shot to hell and i have had back problems for the past 2 years....its about 13 years old

So me and my girl are looking through the flyers and see that there are queen size beds on sale at Filenes for like 249 or something very close to that so i was like shit...lets go get that i need a bed anyway and it will be good for when we get a place soon. Well instead we went to the local bed store to try some out..Better Bedding....

We tried out about 14 different beds....

Long Story Short...We walked about buying a King Koil Hamilton Comfort Sensation Elite... on sale for 1800 dollars..

I know that is horrible..but ima tell you somethign now.....yuo cannot put a price on comfort...cause the the difference in comfort between a 400 dollar bed and a 1800 dollar bed is a who new world...Its the Second most comfortable bed i have ever been on, the first one was another mattress they had there and it was $3k

jesus titty fucking christ!!!!! 1800 bucks for a matterss, did you get a box spring and frame to go with it?!? man, my roommate last year spent 650 on a queen and that thing was awesome, but then again my grandparents 2.5k bed is pretty sweet, so i know what youre sayin.

but going in planning on spending 250 then turning that into 1800... sheesh

Yea,The Mattress, The Foundations(No longer called Box springs) the Frame and a Mattress Pad ...i think the total was $1944...but i have 0% interest payments for 12 months and me and my girl are slptting the cost so its 81 dollars a month...

Thats awesome, cheap matresses suck ass. I agree that a matress is one place where you should not skimp on the $$$..

We tested out Temperpetics, the pillow top was way more comfortable.....the ones we looked at were for 10" like 2900 and for 8" i think 2500 hundred...

At that rate you'd be selling your corvette off just to pay for the bed...

What are you gonna change your name to then? realexpensivebedguy?

Quoted post[/post]]
At that rate you'd be selling your corvette off just to pay for the bed...

What are you gonna change your name to then? realexpensivebedguy?
lol you asshat......but...well..yeah i guess i will have too...

good thing about selling the vette is my dad said if i don't tell it on Autotrader he is going to buy it from me for the 12k i am asking, and sell it in the spring...thats 4500 in the bank for me ...i'll only owe 7300 on it....

be careful with "local" mattress places, well any mattress place for that matter

you know the ones that have "free removal of your old matress"...
yea, they take those and add padding and recover them and resell them...

my friend was trying to pull a "brand new" mattress up a set of stairs when the outer case ripped open revealing what appeared to be a 15 year old serta
lol

I got my bed not too long ago for like $375 complete with matress, box spring, frame, thick ass matress cover, and 3 pillows. Comfortable as hell, too! Shoutout to Denver Matress Co.!

Good for you, when I get my own place I plan on doing exactly the same thing. I love my sleep and well its just worth spending that much money for the comfort; people spend $100 on a pair of shoes a few times a year and other things that allow them to feel comfortable and have less lower back trauma but they skimp out on the mattress where it really counts. You spend, or should spend, 8 hours of every one of your days there.

I wish I could afford a 2k bed

Oh wait, college :doh:

Shit, I could do with at least a bed that doesn't creak and a mattress that doesn't squeak.

Quoted post[/post]]
I wish I could afford a 2k bed

Oh wait, college :doh:

Shit, I could do with at least a bed that doesn't creak and a mattress that doesn't squeak.

Makes it kinda difficult to keep those extracurricular activities on the down low, eh?

Back