went to the track tonight

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DjMcPhatty

Well tonight was the first night i've been able to take my baby to the track since the engine swap. Hell, it was the first night I've ever raced on a track. So here's how it went down.
The event is called Midnight Madness and is held every saturday night, starting at midnight and going until 2am. I got there around 11:45 ish and chilled in the parking lot, meeting some people and just kinda chillin. At 12:00 am, we all got into the staging lanes (in line to run) and I was nervous. It was my first time ever at a track, I was about to run my new baby and i didn't want to fuck her up, and I have shitty, and I mean shitty all season tires on my stock rims up front. (During the swap someone stole one of my fucking rims, yes thats right, one of the mother fuckers so I have to roll on my stockies). So the first run i spin em pretty good and run an 11.164 (this is an 8th mile track). My 60 was a 2.692 and it was horrible. Oh that was launching at 2k. So then I continue through out the night and my best was a 10.511 with a 2.454 sixty foot, and a .856 reaction time. Nothing to brag about but this was my first night ever on a real track, i have shitty tires that would only spin if i launched higher than 2k (this is with feathering the clutch). I have to order another slipstream and put the parada spec-2s i have in the garage on the rims, and hopefully i can make those times go down. Oh yeah, I also didn't realize I was going to the track tonight (last minute idea) so my car was full of shit including my book bag (heavy as fuck as it has all my books in it), my work shit, and a buncha other shit. Oh well....theres always next week.

Cliffs: As a last minute Idea me and some friends go the Midnight madness at the track. It was my first time ever at a track. My shitty snow tires up front would only spin if launched harder than 2k. My best time was a 10.511 in the 1/8th mile (only an 1/8th mile track). Car was full of shit. Didn't think to ask someone with tools if i could borrow them and swap out my front tires with my back tires (16" rota's w/kumho ecsta supra 712s). Oh yeah and I had a full tank of gas, like FULL (filled up earlier not thinking i was going to the track).

Originally posted by DjMcPhatty@Nov 23 2003, 03:56 AM
So the first run i spin em pretty good and run an 11.164 (this is an 8th mile track). My 60 was a 2.692 and it was horrible. Oh that was launching at 2k.

:eek: I was gonna say! :blink:

what is an 11? around mid 16s mid 15s? :thumbsup: good runs man!

Originally posted by revolution8k+Nov 23 2003, 05:11 AM-->
DjMcPhatty
@Nov 23 2003, 03:56 AM
So the first run i spin em pretty good and run an 11.164 (this is an 8th mile track). My 60 was a 2.692 and it was horrible. Oh that was launching at 2k.

:eek: I was gonna say! :blink:

what is an 11? around mid 16s mid 15s? :thumbsup: good runs man!

11 sec. is pretty slow. The 10.5 is a lot better. You got an LS or what???
First time at the track in my civic with LS I ran 9.90's. But I have been drag racing for about a year. When I got use the car it did 9.61@73mph. Now I am running the times in my sig.

Good Luck!!!

Back