were to go from here, built b16 going for boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

steacy91

I've been putting my jdm b16a together for some time now, heres what ive ended up with so far

supertech 81.5 mm 9:1 forged pistons
eagle forged rods
acl main/rod bearings
supertech valves
supertech springs
supertech retainers
arp head studs
cometic gasket kit
stock cams
yonaka stage 3 6 puck, wouldnt have bought it but i read a couple good things
itr s80 hydro lsd tranny

now im just looking for some oppinions, but would i be safe running it on a gt3076r or similar and shooting for a daily driver set up around 350 horse with a drag tune of around 400-425? trying to stay away from to high of a boost figure. lets get some thoughts going here, cheers.

Oh ya, one more thing, my rev limiter, seems to be a hot topic, would i be safe to set it for around 9200 with the work ive done?

why rev so high? i would stay around 8500 or so, at least until you optimize the setup for higher rpm powerband.... victor x, bigger than stock throttle body, and some better cams.

sounds like a solid boost build, and yes i think 300-350 is a good goal on pump gas. you dont need more than that on the street anyways, traction is a real issue.

ok great. do you think a turbonetics t3/t4 .63 ar be suitable for the goal i have in mind or would i be putting to much boost to get the 425 id like to see max, if not what would be the best? will a 2.5 inch downpipe get the job done or would i be better with a 3 inch? Thanks for helping out hondaswap has my made my first build a shit ton easier

Back