what are you paying for gas???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im curious to know what the differences are in gas prices. dont forget to say where you are from.

im in the los angeles area and the average prices ive seen are:

1.55 regular
1.65 for 89oct.
1.75 super

we have the wunderful clean air tax here, which is hidden in the price. how nice!

really gabe? i'm seeing consistent 1.45 1.55 1.65 (we on have 91 octane at the top here). that is pretty much everywhere within a 5 mile radius of my house in garden grove, /- maybe 3 cents.

eric, yea it varies. i noticed its always cheaper there in no. orange county. out here in chino and where i work (south o.c.) its always higher. i just gassed up in irvine tonite and paid friggin 1.78 for premium! i usually use regular, but i wanted to try it and i was almost empty. only bought 6 bucks worth :)

yeah i fill up with premium every time because of this damn ZC..it's probably pointless but everyone recommended it so i figure it must be kinda helpful. but it's usually about $15 to fill it..

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Oct 16 2002, 11:53 PM
eric, yea it varies. i noticed its always cheaper there in no. orange county. out here in chino and where i work (south o.c.) its always higher. i just gassed up in irvine tonite and paid friggin 1.78 for premium! i usually use regular, but i wanted to try it and i was almost empty. only bought 6 bucks worth :)

right now its 1.42 for 92 im in seattle wa

wow..1.42 for 92 vs. 1.70ish for 91..you guys are cool. whereabouts in seattle are you from? i used to live there and i have family there..

Originally posted by B16@Oct 17 2002, 12:46 AM
i've never put anything under 91 in my car

i really dont see a use for spending the extra money on gas when it really wont make a difference in how my car performes/drives/etc

phx =[ i miss phoenix..my dad just left back to phoenix today..=] hows the import scene there? my dad tells me it's very exclusive (he drives a 93 MX-6 on GCs and oz rally 17s..haha)

well, lets say i see so much chrome, i gotta wear sunglasses whenever i go outside.

there's engouh uncle bens to feed japan

ooh..check that..not the import scene..i guess the street racing scene is what i was after. my cousin used to race her civic over near deer valley and 35th av..she says that's where it's pretty hot..i haven't lived there in 6 years though..there wasn't much of a scene back then, just "nissans on lorenzos" man i hate those damn 10 inch rims..i never see them here..

oh we have the trucks too. the lifted ones are usually driven by chicks, and the lowered ones are usually driven by guys. it's pretty wierd.

Originally posted by 90 accord+Oct 16 2002, 09:56 PM-->
@Oct 17 2002, 12:46 AM
i've never put anything under 91 in my car

i really dont see a use for spending the extra money on gas when it really wont make a difference in how my car performes/drives/etc

well, it is not such a good idea to put anything less in a motor that is 10.4:1 stock, and i have a 1 ply head gasket in there, so i'm at around 10.8:1? it does make a difference on how it performs, it will eliminate knock ;)

yes, higher octane will HELP eliminate knock, but you should only run the lowest octane that doesnt knock, unless you change your fuel maps to run higher

Back