what coilovers fits my crx?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Taco15

I wear stretchy pants
I'm not real smart when it comes to this subject since i've never owned a set. There is a junker down the rd that has a early 90's accord ( the year when they sarted getting round body). It has no wheels and i saw it had red coilovers all around. They look good shape and dont know if they are skunk2's or not

QUESTION: will they fit in my 88 crx? i have in integra rear end (rear brake setup) also if it makes a difference.

If you saw my pics awhile back a go you can see that i need to drop my car REALLY bad :p thanks guys please respond asap before i leave for NC.

Nope. You need CRX coilovers. I think hatch ones will work, but either way you will need coilovers from a civic (CRX or otherwise). I think sets from '90-'93 tegs and '92-'00 civics will work too (might be wrong, feel free to correct me).

Originally posted by civicious@May 31 2005, 01:19 PM
If they're generic sleeved coilovers, they'll probably WORK...
[post=505679]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, my friend had 6 sets of matrix coilovers (back in the day lol). they were bought to be put on several civics but no one wanted to pay up so he ending up putting a set on his CRX, his brothers EG, my cousin's EJ, his sisters 95 accord, and I bought a set to put on my EF 4 door. they worked perfect and all cars. so my guess is they will work

thanks guys. I just got back in town so i just read this. im gonna try and get them off the junker car tomm. What are some important tools that i might need? thanks again

Originally posted by ripperbone@Jun 3 2005, 06:58 PM
19mm, 14mm, 17mm, 12mm, 10mm wrenches and sockets, allen wrenches, and a jack
[post=507524]Quoted post[/post]​

:thumbsup:

well i went to the junker. They wanted 180 bucks if i take them off. They have sat there for prolly a yr or more, dont know the name brand (dosnt say) and am not 100% sure if they will fit in my car. So i decided to BUY some online or off of HS.

Originally posted by ^crx^@Jun 4 2005, 05:05 AM
what coil over brands are recomended for my crx?
[post=507699]Quoted post[/post]​

correct me if i'm wrong bt wont any aftermarket name brand work? of course if you get them for a crx. Rigtht now in thinking about buying skunk2 coiovers or somw eibach springs. not sure since i dont know too much about suspension so i have to do my research for my best choice. I dont want the bumpy ride. I want to close my wheel gap and at the same time have a smooth riding suspension. Even if i can get shocks springs from another car i dont care (if possible).

Originally posted by Taco15@Jun 4 2005, 08:25 AM

correct me if i'm wrong bt wont any aftermarket name brand work? of course if you get them for a crx. Rigtht now in thinking about buying skunk2 coiovers or somw eibach springs. not sure since i dont know too much about suspension so i have to do my research for my best choice. I dont want the bumpy ride. I want to close my wheel gap and at the same time have a smooth riding suspension. Even if i can get shocks springs from another car i dont care (if possible).
[post=507745]Quoted post[/post]​

yes aftermarket ones will work.
if you want a smoother ride then get springs.
make sure you get them for a crx, cause 92-00 springs wont work on your car. the lowering springs for a 92-00 are taller than your crx stock springs and it wont lower the car it will raise it. ( I tried it to see if it will work, made my crx look like a 4x4) :lol:

alright so now im thinking eibach for the fronts and rear. will it still work if i have the rear brake setup? i think its from a 90-91 teg. Do i have to ask for the teg spring or just ask for crx springs all around?

Originally posted by Taco15@Jun 4 2005, 09:43 AM
alright so now im thinking eibach for the fronts and rear. will it still work if i have the rear brake setup? i think its from a 90-91 teg. Do i have to ask for the teg spring or just ask for crx springs all around?
[post=507772]Quoted post[/post]​

:hmm: i would think that you would be better off with all crx springs

stock crx or performance crx springs? I thought about getting stock crx springs but i dont have a donor car... well i do but i dont feel like spending all day in the junker. I dont think my car has stock rex spring because it sits up so high. either way wont even have enough space in the junker car since the damn cars are so cramed together. I just said fuckit i'll buy NEW performance springs or coilovers.

CHECK OU MY PICS ON MY ALBUMS UNDER TACOS AND BURRITOS TO SEE MY REX

Originally posted by Taco15@Jun 4 2005, 10:38 AM
stock crx or performance crx springs? I thought about getting stock crx springs but i dont have a donor car... well i do but i dont feel like spending all day in the junker. I dont think my car has stock rex spring because its since up so high. either way wont even have enough space since the damn cars are so cramed together. I just said fuckit i'll buy NEW performance springs or coulovers.

CHECK OU MY PICS ON MY ALBUMS UNDER TACOS AND BURRITOS TO SEE MY REX
[post=507790]Quoted post[/post]​

dont get stock springs if your want your car lowered.
like I said before if you want a nice smooth ride then get lowering springs not coilovers(too bouncy)

your crx looks to be stock height.
i recommend 2 - 2.5" lowering springs

so eibach it is. unless any other person has any personal experiences with other brands.

Originally posted by ripperbone@Jun 4 2005, 12:08 PM
your crx looks to be stock height.
i recommend 2 - 2.5" lowering springs
[post=507797]Quoted post[/post]​

your the first person to have said that :lol: thanks for the input man. you cleared my head alittle better. :worthy:

Originally posted by Taco15@Jun 4 2005, 11:08 AM
so eibach it is. unless any other person has any personal experiences with other brands.
[post=507798]Quoted post[/post]​

good chioce, I had been looking at those or skunk2 for my rex to replace my ground controls coil overs. but I now am looking at getting full coilover kit

Originally posted by ripperbone+Jun 4 2005, 12:11 PM-->
@Jun 4 2005, 11:08 AM
[post=507798]Quoted post[/post]​

good chioce, I had been looking at those or skunk2 for my rex to replace my ground controls coil overs. but I now am looking at getting full coilover kit
[post=507800]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah same here. i just browsed ebay and found the skunk2's. unfortunately the eibach i have seen omly lower you car and inch or so..still looking ;)

Back