What Color Paint. 96 Sol Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yoshi

ok, it just got done hailin like a mug here in tx so i figure when i turn in my claim i'm gonna go for a new paint job. what color would look good on a 96 sol si and not look rice.

Its all up to you bro.

Who cares what one person says is rice or blah blah blah.

When it comes down to it, obviously its your car and you should do what makes you happy.

You also need to factor in things like body kits and aftermarket cosmetic parts(spoiler, rims, etc., etc.) that make the car appear totally different and some colors will not go well with.

Personally going on stock colors I would pick between the samba green, the blue like pissed0ff's sol, or the black.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Apr 6 2003, 12:54 AM
White

eeek you like that on Sols?

Whenever i see a pearl white one I always feel that it looks out of place, that color being on that car.

but i guess if thats what you like

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Apr 5 2003, 10:56 PM-->
@Apr 6 2003, 12:54 AM
White

Whenever i see a pearl white one I always feel that it looks out of place, that color being on that car.

Yeah, I like them in the Pearl White, but I was thining more like Championship White.

Or the Blue that is on B's car.

i was thinkin white. just wasn't too sure of how it would look. or how clean it would stay. Damn texas gravel roads. i think i'm gonna go check on some house of colors stuff. thanks for yall's input

ohh wait maybe bright pink.!!! j/k

Originally posted by lsvtec+Apr 6 2003, 01:05 AM-->
Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Apr 5 2003, 10:56 PM
lsvtec
@Apr 6 2003, 12:54 AM
White

Yeah, I like them in the Pearl White, but I was thining more like Championship White.

Or the Blue that is on B's car.

my dad had a hatch that was the same color as B's sol.

it was a sick little car

i love white

s3e51a6c6c051f.jpg

Originally posted by yoshi@Apr 6 2003, 01:07 AM
i was thinkin white. just wasn't too sure of how it would look. or how clean it would stay. Damn texas gravel roads. i think i'm gonna go check on some house of colors stuff. thanks for yall's input

...any extreme is going to be hard to clean.

Basically don't get black or white if you're very concerned about how clean the car is going to stay.

*B

the white just doesn't do it for me. For a long while I always thought the black mine is was the best looking color you could get for it...but now I like the Somba green a lot. So basically its the black/somba and then the color blue you have, IMO

Originally posted by yoshi@Apr 5 2003, 11:07 PM

White will show dust less than anyother color I have seen. I live in S NM, it gets really dusty here sometimes and my car is one of the last to show it. White will exagerate anything else though.

s3e8f290f1037e.jpg

Nice colored hatch IDK how well it would go with a sol tho

i don't know my dad has a white avalanche and it seems like you can't see the dirt as much. but i was think about have a guy i know doin so airbrushin on it what color would go good with white if i decide on that

Orange, like that Accord from New Zealand that was posted a few months ago. That was nice with painted moldings.

Back