Rate your boss

• Good guy, is tough when needs to be

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Always on my case, but is just doing his job

• Assh

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cheese9988

VIP
Not sure if this has been done before, anyway I couldn't find it, and if it did people get new jobs all the time.
To make a long story short, my boss is an asshole, I have had many bosses in the past but non like him. Constantly gets angry at everyone and holds your job over your head as a solution. When something goes wrong, throws things across the room and wants someone else to pick it up. One sided conversations, etc, the list goes on. The company has sent him to anger management courses for this stuff, but apparently it don't work.

Originally posted by cheese9988@May 22 2005, 11:08 AM
Not sure if this has been done before, anyway I couldn't find it, and if it did people get new jobs all the time.
To make a long story short, my boss is an asshole, I have had many bosses in the past but non like him. Constantly gets angry at everyone and holds your job over your head as a solution. When something goes wrong, throws things across the room and wants someone else to pick it up. One sided conversations, etc, the list goes on. The company has sent him to anger management courses for this stuff, but apparently it don't work.
[post=502199]Quoted post[/post]​

I hate my boss...Hes just a strait up assho*e....

mines cool as hell. Whenever you need something all you have to do is talk to him. He'll help you out anyway he can.

I have worked at the same country club since I was 13, so I am now on my 6th year. In that time, my big but distance boss has stayed the same, where my smaller boss that I have to respond to more has changed 3 times.

My distance boss has always tryed to act like a pretty good guy, but this year he has really showed his asshole spineless side. Were having a decent amount of budget cuts, so we had to cut a few people on the schedule. Anyways, in the first 3 weeks of spring, we are always short on workers because people are away at college. Most of the time, we would just put the few that were not away at college on the schedule for those three weeks, and when people returned, it would all be good. This year, he decides to hire in 2 new people, one being his real esate agents son. So I get back from college and say I want to work, he says that he only has the two that didn't go to college working and right now he couldn't get any hours. So I talk to my freind who is working, he says that is bullshit, and there are 8 people working. First, I approached him a few times trying to get hours. Blows me off. Then I go apply at a diffrent country club, and list my old one as a refrence. 2 days later, I get a call from my old country club saying they want me back. So I am finally back working, but I was home for 3 weeks doing jack shit while he was lieing to me, and trying to help out a rich son, while screwing over an old worker.

So final verdic on him.....Asshole POS

Next (first boss) Alright boss, he would have defent favorites, and that would show in hours he gave everyone. I was one that he liked, so everythign was ok. However, he would have intense mode swings. He gets fired for going up to the bar in the dining room and had the bartender slip him a drink under the table while working.

Overall vote...Ok, could deal with

Next boss. Orginally was the assist to the old boss, and was about to get fired, but then the boss gets fired, so now he has to step up. He is a 40 year old guy, still living with his mom. Fucking dumbass, smoked himself stupid. No management skills what so ever. No spine to any of the upper management, so it was us who ended up getting screwd. Defently had favorites, and it defently wasn't me (I swear he had favorites towards those that were going nowhere in life) Gets fired this winter

Verdit. Fucking asshole POS

New (current) boss.

They bring in a new guy. Good guy, real down to earth. Good management skills. Only worked with him for a few weeks, so I don't really have a final verdit on him.

Peliminary verdit: Good boss.

I have one of the best boesses. He doesn't give a shit on what we do as long as the job gets done. In the two years I have worked for him we have not had one fight. He never says anything if we come back into work from a lunch or delivery smelling of booze (its a rare thing). I could sit in the back room, drink, and he wouldn't care. If we are stuck late he always buys the beer. Overall he is a cool guy to sit and talk with. I could go into more shit we pull but I don't need the wrong people finding out.

my boss (the parts manager) is pretty damn cool. He knows all of us do some hard work in the department and pretty much leaves me alone. He's a really cool guy that some of us have seen outside of a work environment. He knows how much bullshit I have to deal with so he'll always try to get some colleagues to help me out with stuff.

Best boss I've ever had to work with.

my boss (she which wasn't an option) is a complete bitch. younger than me and stupid as hell but my company likes to have women in charge for some reason.

my boss'es are cool as hell, i go out and party with the one.

Ive been workin at this insurance brokerage since my senior year in hs and am gonna work there after i graduate. I can get off whenever i want, there cool as hell, tough on me sometimes but i need it cause i tend to be a slacker when not properly motivated. But overall great guys to work for and lookin forward to workin full time all year round!

My boss is alright i guess. We have been getting a lot of work lately, so he is kinda touchy because we have run so far behind in the call center. Other than that he's a great guy. He even goes out with us on Friday, so we get him drunk after 2 beers (yeah sad aint it).

Hes aiight, but he can be strict at times.

Which one?

<----US Army = micro managment

My boss rocks he even takes you to strip clubs and out to high dollar dinners =)
If I need anything just ask. Also he pays me very well =) =) =)

however most people think he can be harsh and is a pain, those people are the normal employees that do jack shit. I bust my ass to run the place and he treats me very very well.

my boss drove me home after I got drunk at his house on friday. as long as I bust my ass and get the job done he's cool... but if he catches you slacking, your done for.

My boss is Rasputin. This guy is a loner, who sails the world constantly. He's building a sailboat by hand.

And he spends months alone on the water, and comes back thinking he's some wiseman on the mountain. He passes down edict that's strange as hell, and he can easily justify himself with any of his insane actions. He yells at and belittles people, he's even driven 2 of the guys I work with into mental treatment. I counterargue him pretty well (The people I work with say that no one has humbled him out of something like I can) and he calls me ... Not joking... To my face... "An arrogant little fuck". TO MY FACE. He's trying to break me into becoming one of the slave there that flinch when he walks by, but it's not gonna work.

He makes shrewd comments on how being a consultant (I am) makes me seem disconnected from the environment, and that I wouldn't make good "Employee material" because of my extreme arrogance. In the 8 months I've been there, 2 people have walked because of his behavior to them

He's really intelligent, and he HATES americans (I work for a Canadian company in America) and this guy goes on and on about how worthless we are.. because we're "fat and lazy americans". He does nothing but put you down. Then he requires the most reporting of any contract I've ever been on - And the moment I present him the reports he wants, he gives me a speech about how I'm trying to bend the rules to make myself look good. So he has other people report on me, and they present good reports - and he says that THEY are trying to make me look good to keep me around as a pal. So currently my job is evaluated weekly by Sarbanes Oxley directly. He will do whatever it takes to crush you and then attempt to build you up the way he feels fit.

So far, Sarbanes Oxley is giving me raving reports, and he is announcing next week "Changes in staff" where he will announce a change in my role - Giving me more responsibility. He's tried twice to fire me, but upper executive has pulled together both times to save my job.

Normally I would say that he's out to get me, but the honest truth is that he does that shit to everyone in the department. They get fired, leave, or simply get burned out until he finds a reason to fire them - Makes them beg, re-hires them and he seems to own them from that point on. He's promised that when he finishes his latest boat, he's retiring - So I'm offering to help him. I give him back-handed compliments all the time.

Being a consultant my attachment is to the end users in the company - Not him. And by that I will flat out tell him "No" and then offer myself for "peer review". Peer reviews are nasty, because in that environment the people in IT want to make others look bad to keep the heat off of them. I pass them all with flying colors. Each person gets one "Peer Review" a year, I have had 5. Take that, Commu-nuck !

-> Steve

Depends on which boss.

Justin - complete antagonistic ass, has no clue what he's doing.
Lonnie - cool guy, no problems
Vince - care more about putting more money into a millionaires pocket than he does about putting money in his employees pocket.

in other words, he's a complete ass too.

I just started at lowe's. I have no idea what my bosses are like.

My old boss at Hollywood video was odd. He would tell me I need to step it up and crap, yet I was performing by far the best with only 3 weeks on the job when I took first place on the Individual Performance Reports. Every week after, I won every sales contest in the district of 14 stores, and I held the most hours, at the youngest age on the staff as well. Yet aweek before I put in my two weeks, he sat me down and said I'm getting lazy and I had better more effort into my job.

So I put in my two weeks, and in that two weeks, dropped an application at lowe's, got the job as sales associate in lumber, 2 days later. And now I'm working at lowe's making $1.50 more an hour.

my manager is cool as hell. he buys me and another dude on my team lunch everyday and even said in a meeting he had with us(the whole team) that he thought of us as his "little brothers". granted he's only like 4 years older than i am. anyway, he's got some good connections here in vegas and knows the owners of almost all the good clubs and stripclubs(not much of a difference in the two here). anyway, his brother is building a dealership in Sacramento, and he's stealing me to go there and sell. i know that with him i can learn alot and go far in the car business. he told me i have potential to be a general manager of a dealership, so, good for me, it'll be nice to be making like 800k a year :D

Originally posted by 2000Si@May 22 2005, 04:16 PM
Depends on which boss.

Vince - care more about putting more money into a millionaires pocket than he does about putting money in his employees pocket.

[post=502283]Quoted post[/post]​

i thought Justin was cool as hell. i NEVER had a problem with him. hell i used to stop at the pick desk and shoot the shit with him for a good 30 minutes sometimes about various things. pretty cool dood IMHO but on the other hand when i worked there i had SOME (not alot) of authority i guess you could say. now Lonnie i dunno about. never worked with him there.

oh and i used to work at the same place James did. i was the one to put a foot up James' ass to tell him to come work there....LOL.

Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes+May 22 2005, 09:02 PM-->
@May 22 2005, 04:16 PM
Depends on which boss.

[post=502283]Quoted post[/post]​

i thought Justin was cool as hell. i NEVER had a problem with him. hell i used to stop at the pick desk and shoot the shit with him for a good 30 minutes sometimes about various things. pretty cool dood IMHO but on the other hand when i worked there i had SOME (not alot) of authority i guess you could say. now Lonnie i dunno about. never worked with him there.

oh and i used to work at the same place James did. i was the one to put a foot up James' ass to tell him to come work there....LOL.
[post=502361]Quoted post[/post]​

Justin was cool, but now he's pretty much 2nd shift superviser ever since Brad left. Now he's been doing his job just as a "lead." He's become a real prick lately. Always talking down to everyone. He likes to make jokes about stupid shit that could be miscontsrued as harassment... and we just had a dumb meeting about that shit. :)

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@May 22 2005, 05:07 PM
I just started at lowe's. I have no idea what my bosses are like.

My old boss at Hollywood video was odd. He would tell me I need to step it up and crap, yet I was performing by far the best with only 3 weeks on the job when I took first place on the Individual Performance Reports. Every week after, I won every sales contest in the district of 14 stores, and I held the most hours, at the youngest age on the staff as well. Yet aweek before I put in my two weeks, he sat me down and said I'm getting lazy and I had better more effort into my job.

So I put in my two weeks, and in that two weeks, dropped an application at lowe's, got the job as sales associate in lumber, 2 days later. And now I'm working at lowe's making $1.50 more an hour.
[post=502303]Quoted post[/post]​

lumber is nothing but slackers... I work in the recieving here in Bend #1690.
our motto "we've done stuff even corporate can't figure out" hahahahha

my boss is cool shit. sometimes though, his boss gets on his case about something, and it comes back to the staff...
but hes cool about it. i don't mind working for him at all

Back