what do you guys think

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Estorvito

Soy Boricua
This is forced induction but its not a Tech question so I posted it here....

anyways...Heres the deal

Theres a Sreet Wars Drag Race going on tomorrow 7-10... NOw I dont have my Hatch ready yet so I want to run my fodo' LS swaped civic....I ran 10.07 stock everything and trunk full of tools and a 2 12" speakers..Now I want to hook up my buddy's DRAG 3 gen turbo on it, and see what it does...
We have about 8 hours to do this..what do you guys think..Can It be done?

Also another problem is that the guy that was supposed to tune my shit with UBER. is outa' town and cant do it....<--of course.. I'm going to run an external fuel pump and an FMU....Is my shit gonna blow up?

Anyways...

Do you guys think is possible to install this kit in 8-12 hour period....

Damn,.,.I think This is a Tech question....I dunno..I got a hangover<--is that right?

MODS- Move it if you want.. :D

If you hop to it you should be able to do it in 8 hours. Don't take any beer breaks and shit.

Your shit won't blow up as long as you keep the boost down. If it's a strong engine I'd say half bar, otherwise keep it to 5 PSI. Take out your subs and tools and with 7 PSI you should be in the low 9s I would think?

This is an eighth mile track, right? :p

8th mile that is of course.....

OK I finally got all my shit together....IM just waiting for my buddie to bring me the intercooler....
Theres going to be 3 of us working on it and we have done it before so it should be a cake..<--I hope.. :D

I'll shoot pics as we go on..we got to midnight to finish this project....ANd yeah theres plenty of beer involved....bahaha..Corona's That is....

Oh and by the way my dumbass is going for 7-9lbs of boost..Hope my shit dont blow up.....Is that too much.....?

WHich wheels should i run..My FAt fives or my steelies? They both have shitty tires on them so...

It won't run... Trust me...

And don't bother... Its better to not race and do it right, then rush it, and fubar it...

Your either going to:
#1 break the oil fitting in the block
#2 Screw up the oil return and blow the turbo
#3 Have boost leaks like crazy
#4 Lean out and blow the motor
#5 Not set the wastegate right and overboost

Also remember if your planning an FMU, you need to install a missing link or check valves.

hey, a 10.x in the 1/8 would be about what in the 1/4 mile? not looking for a specific time, but maybe within a second.

general rule is to multiply your eighth mile time by 1.55 to get your rough quarter time.

10 flat in the eigth would be a mid 15 second quarter.

Ok guys the turbo project is coming along good..I left the camera in the garage..
So far I have all the charge pipes, intercooler, the oil return and oil pan, FMU inline fuel pump and the BLOX mising link hooked up,...All i need now is to slap the turbo and manifold to the block and thats it...I think....Evrything else is allready on....Same with the oil pan....
The kit installed was from an integra so its a bolt on....

Everything looks good so far....I also need to run the boost gauge...<--Piece of cake...<----Thanks RipperBoooNe...
I'll let you guys know how everything worked out....

Go to go back to the garage now.....

wish me luck guys....

Later

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 9 2005, 04:03 PM
general rule is to multiply your eighth mile time by 1.55 to get your rough quarter time.

[post=523221]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks, i knew there was a way to estimate it, but couldn't remember

sorry for the little threadjack, but i didnt want to start a new thread

Originally posted by senate_9427+Jul 9 2005, 05:29 PM-->
Battle Pope
@Jul 9 2005, 04:03 PM

[post=523221]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks, i knew there was a way to estimate it, but couldn't remember

sorry for the little threadjack, but i didnt want to start a new thread
[post=523231]Quoted post[/post]​

'

Thats all right.....You can THread Jack anytime..bahhaha..

Damn Im still here..... :D

your welcomefor the boost gauge.

man I got to say is good luck I wouldnt put the kit on with out it being tuned to many problems. but best of luck and kick some ass out there

well 8 hrs to bolt a kit on and three guys?
they should even have enought time to tune it

Got BOOST?

Got it Guys...9lbs of good oh boost....<---Damn.....
The shit is running good so far..THe shit moves quick...I finished around 10:30...
There were 2 guys plus myself doing it, but one of them was just talking shit and drinking, so you can just say there was 2 of us...bahaha...

anyways the only problem im having is that my car dont want to stop after going past 80mph....IM serious, i hit the brake all the way down and the shit dont wanna stop...all You smell is brakes and lots of smoke coming out..I have integra front brakes by the way....I'll replace that tomorrow with something better....

Im gonna post a couple of pics now..I'll do the rest tomorrow...
Oh and by the way..I just beat a Grand am.....<-----bahahhaa.....My 3rd kill...

Originally posted by Estorvito@Jul 10 2005, 01:30 AM
Got BOOST?

Got it Guys...9lbs of good oh boost....<---Damn.....
The shit is running good so far..THe shit moves quick...I finished around 10:30...
There were 2 guys plus myself doing it, but one of them was just talking shit and drinking, so you can just say there was 2 of us...bahaha...

anyways the only problem im having is that my car dont want to stop after going past 80mph....IM serious, i hit the brake all the way down and the shit dont wanna stop...all You smell is brakes and lots of smoke coming out..I have integra front brakes by the way....I'll replace that tomorrow with something better....

Im gonna post a couple of pics now..I'll do the rest tomorrow...
Oh and by the way..I just beat a Grand am.....<-----bahahhaa.....My 3rd kill...
[post=523434]Quoted post[/post]​

So you're saying that you've never had the car past 80mph before? I had the fully stock DX brakes on my old Turbo civic. They worked fine unless I was using the brakes none stop (like on a backroad) I have an 86 toyota pick up that makes something like 100hp and that thing can get up to 90mph and believe it or not it can still stop with out over heated the brakes!!!!!.....

Thats probably what happened..I kept running fast and stoping...I did it for about 15 minutes on a empty street.....
I dunno..I did noticed that if i let the shit sit for about 5 10 minutes my brakes would work fine,....I dunno....Lets see what happens....

anyways..I have to post pics..so Leave me alone...bahahah..<----Just kidding...

Go look at the pics now.....Got it done in about 8 hours and thats because i took a 2 hour brake to go to a baby shower.... :p

Back