What do you guys tip bar tenders?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
I wait tables and manage for a living so Im pretty good with tipping people but Im not sure what to tip bar tenders

I almost always end up getting a Corona just tonight after work I stoped at a bar and picked up a Corona it was 3.75 so I give her a 5 and said keep it

Im not a big drinker so I guess it's not that bad but if I were to have a DD I would spend money out the butt on beers/drinks/tips

so what does everyone here tip?

depends on what im drinking where and how hot she is, usually anywhere .75 to 3 a drink ;)

depends on 3 things:

- where I'm at
- what I'm drinking
- how I'm paying

If I'm at a hole in the wall, i don't tip as well as i would at a "name brand" club. If I'm drinking bud lights, its usually a dollar each, or .75 if they are 3.25. I'f I'm drinking martini's, its a different story.
if i'm running a tab, it's a different story too, vs paying /tipping per drink

1. depends on the the price of the beer
2. depends on how much money i have at the time
3. my mood
4. how flirty the waitress is- hot girs and flirty and booze=next day.."dude, where'd all my money go?"
5. and how the service is-i waited at a counter for like 6 or 7 mins once for a pitcher with nobody in front of me while the guy fucked around. i paid exact amount and he was like "what no tip? you dont like the service or somethin?" i replied "not when i gotta wait 10 mins for this watered down shit". that was 2 teeth ago tho.. <_<

anyways about $.25 to $3 normally with the exception of #4

not really into the bar scene. i can get in, but im not a big drinker either. i dont think i would tip unless i was a regular.

That and you're underage :)

I tip them %15, rounded up. I usually have 2 beers when I go out, so it's bottles up and $10 down. Then I realise how stupid it is that I'm paying about an 800% f*ckin mark up without being able to smoke while I drink them. That's why I haven't been to a bar in 4 months.

-> Steve

No wait, Airjockie, myself and our women went out a few weeks ago. And it's for other reasons that I won't go to a bar again. Total waste.

depends on the following:

1. how much money i got
2. how drunk i am going to/ want to get
3. depends on how the waitress looks
4. where im at

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Apr 3 2004, 11:47 PM
on a 20.00 tab, ill leave about 3.00

fuckit, i dont goto bars all that often, so its not like they are going to remember me.

their fucking booze is over priced as it is

tip? hmmm... most every time i go to the bar/club... the people treat me like crap... so i dont give them any $$.... im not even sure why they are like that....

but, i'd say... .25 for beers, and 1.00 for a mixed drink... if i were to ever tip..

depending on what im drinking and where im at, usually between $.75 - $3 per drink

for rounds it depends on how many drinks and how complex they are

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 4 2004, 01:28 AM
depending on what im drinking and where im at, usually between $.75 - $3 per drink

for rounds it depends on how many drinks and how complex they are

:withstupid:

I think last time I went out I gave a buck and the change tip per drink...

so the waitress made over 6 bucks just grabbing a bottle for me 4 times. not too shabby.

On the other hand I'll give a pizza person 5 bucks...if she's hot....like I did today....

bahaha

I dunno what was up tonight but I was gettin 5 dollar tips all over the place...then an 8...then i got screwed, then more and more 5 tips...made 68 bucks

Originally posted by ChrisSiR@Apr 4 2004, 01:14 AM
tip? hmmm... most every time i go to the bar/club... the people treat me like crap... so i dont give them any $$.... im not even sure why they are like that....

gee I wonder why :angry:

you guys have to understand I make a living off tips myself but not drink tips

just keep in mind if you do go out anywhere plan to tip

don't be a cheap bastard thats what your home is for

Originally posted by jeffie7+Apr 4 2004, 01:34 AM-->
@Apr 4 2004, 01:14 AM

gee I wonder why :angry:

you guys have to understand I make a living off tips myself but not drink tips

just keep in mind if you do go out anywhere plan to tip

don't be a cheap bastard thats what your home is for

:werd: I'd like to extend this to calling and dining in. Remember I have to use my fucking gas to get your lazy bishes your food, I want to pay for it somehow...and if you're going to fuck me I'm gonna shit list you....errr....them...

I usually tip .75 to 2. It depends on the drink and the price of it and where the place is. Good service is a plus, I usually don't tip a hot bartender extra, because I am most likely never going to take her home, so whats the use.

the only time I go to a bar is when I'm in T.J.
I know the last time I was there drinking, my friends and I tipped the guy bringing us our drinks but I was too drunk to know how much it was. probably a total of $10 or $15 dollars I guess.

My tip??? Look both ways before you cross. I don't drink :)
restaurants I'll leave a 5. just when its me though.

$3 at lunch $5-10 at dinner, unless it's an occasion and we sat there a long time, then it is proprtional to what we had/did.

As far as drinking in a bar, $1 every other round on a $3 dollar drink.

Back