what do you think about these PC's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

Yes i know i should build it myself, but i really like these. also i think i want media center next, and this pc has basically what i want next itme. the only other thing i want is water colled. can that be added to this computer or does it have to be done when its built?

I like the one with just the tower a lot, but the one with the flat panel seems like a good deal. I know i heard B talking about going wtih a SATA HD, what is better about these, and whats with the price defference in these two PC's?

tower only link

desktop pc wtih flat panel

holy fuck! 1800 buck!?

i will build you an exact replica for 1500.

then, i'll go for a night on the town with the 600 i pocketed. :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 18 2005, 05:24 PM
holy fuck! 1800 buck!?

i will build you an exact replica for 1500.

then, i'll go for a night on the town with the 600 i pocketed. :)
[post=447588]Quoted post[/post]​

umm say that again?

yeah well then heres a question, seriously would you wanna build one for me? aslso what about the water cooling

the reason i dont wanna build it myself is cause i dont have copies of all the programs i need. I dont really wanna run a pirated copy of Xp on a PC i just spent like a grand for

and what u think about the whole one with the monitor

check out pricewatch.com
they have complete systems with operating systems...

and the water cooling can be added later on, and its not really necessary unless you're overclocking

Hell I'll build you one a cheaper too- easy. I can even throw in a legit copy of XP pro.

If you're going to buy a pre-built PC though, Sony is a pretty good way to go. They generally use very high quality components, not lowest bidder crap like Dell, Cumpaq, Gateway etc. Every Vaio case I opened had an Asus board in it.

If you're not willing to build your own machine, I wouldn't mess with the water cooling. You have to flush and refill it just like any other water based cooling system (like your car), and you'll want to tear it all apart every now and then to do it.

Well im not worried about building my own, i just dont want to mess with it. yea im willing to flush the cooling system and stuff. and one of the reasons i waant it si because its a lot quieter, since i sleep right next to my comp. and its always on. I also Not really sure about overclocking it, dont even know how to. i never got into that because of my junk ass computers i had.

Hey calesta, where do you live?

Originally posted by corvetteguy@Jan 19 2005, 08:24 AM
Check out this Sony Vaio

Sony
[post=447919]Quoted post[/post]​

Thnaks corvetteguy, but i will probably run media center, because in my next apt, my sony TV, and sony surround sound is gonna be in the room, and i always watch movies. Thats why i like the Vaio because it has the TV tuner and stuff already on there, since i wanna use my next comp as a TIVO.

Originally posted by senate_9427@Jan 19 2005, 02:19 PM
Well im not worried about building my own, i just dont want to mess with it. yea im willing to flush the cooling system and stuff. and one of the reasons i waant it si because its a lot quieter, since i sleep right next to my comp. and its always on. I also Not really sure about overclocking it, dont even know how to. i never got into that because of my junk ass computers i had.

[post=448107]Quoted post[/post]​

I sleep fine with all my loud fans on, but then again- my water cooling setup wasn't put into a case that I was trying to keep quiet.

I'm in Houston (Texas).

oh yeah texas. for soem reason i thought you were here in cali.

If one of you guys on here can seriously build the same PC for a lot sheaper then i would be interested, but if its only a little cheaper, then i would rather just pay the extra for the brand name one. stupid but thats how i am, and i have always been satisfied with my stuff. all my electronics are sony, and i love the quality.

I'll price it out later. One big drawback to having someone else build it for you though is the lack of one single manufacturer's warranty. If you build it all from solid components though, you generally won't have to worry about that.

I'll PM you later tonight with a price.

cool thanks, yeah basically, media center, with tv tuner, 200-250mb hd SATA? atleast 1 gig ram, etc.

Originally posted by Calesta+Jan 19 2005, 03:38 PM-->
senate_9427
@Jan 19 2005, 02:19 PM

[post=448107]Quoted post[/post]​

I sleep fine with all my loud fans on, but then again- my water cooling setup wasn't put into a case that I was trying to keep quiet.

I'm in Houston (Texas).
[post=448119]Quoted post[/post]​

When I used to sleep in the same room as my computers, I *couldn't* sleep unless they were on. The sound of the fans was not only comforting, but let me know that my systems were running. One night the power went out and I came right out of my sleep b/c something was wrong.

You run Linux, right?

When I used to sleep in the same room as my computers, I *couldn't* sleep unless they were on.

sorry to thread jack but i;m the same way
been running the same big ole box fan constantly for about 4 years now, and the one before that for prob three years...
i know ALL about dust throwing off the balance of the fan
lol

Originally posted by senate_9427+Jan 19 2005, 03:07 PM-->
cool thanks, yeah basically, media center, with tv tuner, 200-250mb hd SATA? atleast 1 gig ram, etc.
[post=448140]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, I can put together something like that pretty easily. SATA doesn't really matter though, especially with just one drive- all it really does for you is take the buffer burst speed up from 133MB/s to 150MB/s. It's not like there's any kind of big jump to SCSI like smart command queueing (not even the Raptop, controllers can't use it).

Sabz5150
@Jan 19 2005, 03:48 PM
When I used to sleep in the same room as my computers, I *couldn't* sleep unless they were on. The sound of the fans was not only comforting, but let me know that my systems were running. One night the power went out and I came right out of my sleep b/c something was wrong.

You run Linux, right?
[post=448172]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Since living with my girlfriend again, I've had to readjust to sleeping with the computers off at night. It's not easy. I'm building a separate small "quiet" sound damped PC to keep on at night so I can continue my downloads and hack scripts while I sleep.

Thats why i put the ? by the SATA, i see it on the better computers but dont know the difference. oh and i will probably run 2 drives because i might buy another 200gb or 250, i like having all my music and stuff on the computer so i dont have to mess with cd's that much.

Back