What do you think of this

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

"Just a note for all those asking. The Toyota MR2 was never offered with a 6 cylinder engine. This is a swapped V6 from a late model Camry."

why on earth would someone choose that pig of an economy V6 over a JDM turbo swap?

Originally posted by BlackFrog@Mar 21 2004, 10:35 PM
why on earth would someone choose that pig of an economy V6 over a JDM turbo swap?

Maybe they wanted to be different . . . . . . . ((( :ph34r: )))

JDM 2nd gen 3S-GTE is rated at 225 HP over the US model's 200 HP. This is due to the EGR valve not being on the JDM model. The current 3S-GTE is putting out 265 HP and is the most powerful production four cylinder engine in the world.

all those Mr2's are mucho bucks.....even in oem trim.

the shop I used to work at, the owner had a MR2 money pit, 20k into it and still couldn't muster to take my B16 :)

Originally posted by JDMilan@Mar 22 2004, 07:59 PM
all those Mr2's are mucho bucks.....even in oem trim.

the shop I used to work at, the owner had a MR2 money pit, 20k into it and still couldn't muster to take my B16 :)

i thought those things had serious potential???!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Ya, I seen one at the illegal street races smoke the pants off a brand new S2000.

I would think that the V6 would haul ass in that car. With the SC that car would scream, wouldnt it? :huh:

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Mar 22 2004, 03:02 PM
The current 3S-GTE is putting out 265 HP and is the most powerful production four cylinder engine in the world.

evo, STi????

yes they have potential,,,,,but my buddies never ran that great for some reason. Not my problem,,,,only his.

in other words evertime he would tell me of a new mod, we would run from a roll......same outcome -- me ahead by one car.

he ran a best of 13.5 at the track, which i have him by a tad only.

if you only saw his dyno of his ride.........fucking brutal......

it literally looked like a mountain, peaking hp at 4k and dipping hardcore down until redline......just nasty

There are kits for the GM 2.8 3.1 and 3.8 V6 swaps into the first gen MR2. The power gains are nuts, but nothing compared to the V8 Archie swaps into the Fiero.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Mar 22 2004, 03:02 PM
The current 3S-GTE is putting out 265 HP and is the most powerful production four cylinder engine in the world.

all i gotta say is...

4g63t baby. :ph34r:

Back