What Engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dok

I have a 92 civic hb dx and want to power it up and was wondering whats

the best and least costly way. my freind has a 91 ls interga that I can take

what ever I want but I was wondering if its better to get a b16a,but if I do

go with the ls how much will it cost me to do the swap i have never swaped

a engine better, but know my way around. SO WHAT DO YOU GUY THING I

SHOULD DO.

i'm going to translate for you guys..........

b16 or b18b? never ending arguement i don't feel like listing the pros and cons.

wont a 91 motor be non-OBD? 92 HB is OBD1.

LS is cheaper and easier, better for daily driving

B16a better for racing :ph34r:

either motor is good just depends on wether you want torque or hi-reving VTEC HP :spin:

Originally posted by brc80@Mar 25 2003, 07:13 PM
Well if your in cali the motor has to be same year or newer.

damn that! lol i could careless about refs and smog shops here in cali :p

i say go with b18 since it will be more cost effective for you coming from your friend

word, just take the B18B, you can always add vtec later when you get more beans. The OBD matter isn't a problem.

i would say get the swap from your friend , sell the cable trans, buy a hydro trans and put it in your ride. then save up some $$$ and put a vtec head on the block you will bew happy

Originally posted by HOOKUPSPROCRX@Mar 26 2003, 11:40 AM
i would say get the swap from your friend , sell the cable trans, buy a hydro trans and put it in your ride. then save up some $$$ and put a vtec head on the block you will bew happy

So i think the b18a is going but i want to do so upgradeing before it goes in an I have about 2k to work with that includes getting the hydro tranny, so what are the best things to I don't want bolt on yet because i can do that latthankser. what brands and were can i get these things. ANY INFO IS GREAT

Back