What Engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dok

I have a 92 civic hb dx and want to power it up and was wondering whats

the best and least costly way. my freind has a 91 ls interga that I can take

what ever I want but I was wondering if its better to get a b16a,but if I do

go with the ls how much will it cost me to do the swap i have never swaped

a engine better, but know my way around. SO WHAT DO YOU GUY THING I

SHOULD DO.

prawjEKt Cx

i'm going to translate for you guys..........

b16 or b18b? never ending arguement i don't feel like listing the pros and cons.

luVTEC

wont a 91 motor be non-OBD? 92 HB is OBD1.

LS is cheaper and easier, better for daily driving

B16a better for racing :ph34r:

either motor is good just depends on wether you want torque or hi-reving VTEC HP :spin:

2 litre EG

Originally posted by brc80@Mar 25 2003, 07:13 PM
Well if your in cali the motor has to be same year or newer.

damn that! lol i could careless about refs and smog shops here in cali :p

i say go with b18 since it will be more cost effective for you coming from your friend

TRuggiero_

word, just take the B18B, you can always add vtec later when you get more beans. The OBD matter isn't a problem.

i would say get the swap from your friend , sell the cable trans, buy a hydro trans and put it in your ride. then save up some $$$ and put a vtec head on the block you will bew happy

dok

Originally posted by HOOKUPSPROCRX@Mar 26 2003, 11:40 AM
i would say get the swap from your friend , sell the cable trans, buy a hydro trans and put it in your ride. then save up some $$$ and put a vtec head on the block you will bew happy

So i think the b18a is going but i want to do so upgradeing before it goes in an I have about 2k to work with that includes getting the hydro tranny, so what are the best things to I don't want bolt on yet because i can do that latthankser. what brands and were can i get these things. ANY INFO IS GREAT