What Gauge wire

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
This weekend is when I am going to be doing the swap. I have bought just about everything that I need for the swap, including fluids, belts, clutch (already installed) ect. Last thing that I need is the wire for the swap. Do I even need it, and what gauge.

The number that comes off the top of my head is 8 gauge wire, but I could be wrong.

(for those who dont know, I am swaping in a 95 GSR into a 95 sol, using the Sol harness and the GSR p72 ECU)

wiring for what? battery, solenoids, sensors?

for sensors/solenoids i think you can use 16 gauge. 8 would be OVERKILL.

for battery, and grounds probably 8 guage. good luck!

EDIT: the smaller the gauge # the bigger the wire. vise versa

edit # 2 wow i have over a thousand post...

Originally posted by asmallsol@Dec 2 2003, 10:31 PM
(for those who dont know, I am swaping in a 95 GSR into a 95 sol, using the Sol harness and the GSR p72 ECU)

Why are you using a del Sol harness on a GSR engine?

Just get yourself a GSR engine harness, add the IAB & Knock sensor wires, call it a day.

I used 18 gauge wire for my add-ons.

i used my del sol harness on my b series swaps and only had to extend the o2 sensor wires, since i ran hondata/p28 and it didn't look for the knock

Adam, I would Like to run the knock sensor just for security reasons. I also have to do some wiring for the IAB. If I had more money, I would just buy a skunk2 manifold but...maybe later.

Where did you end up putting the O2 sensor? The normal d series location (middle of header/manifold) or did you do the b series location of right at the CAT?

i used my z6 harness... and everything reaches except the oil presser sender. since i have an aftermarket guage, im probably not going to plug it in at all... waste of time for an idiot light.

and all i have to say is fuck knock sensors.

i can, however, see your point for wanting the iab hooked up.

o2, put it by the cat- it gets a better reading there

so, you really shouldn't need any wire :)

Back