what is a cradle on a cr-x???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CR-X - SI - GSR

my cr-x is sitting right now do to a few suspension issues. i figured id do a swap and suspension at the same time. i got it looked at by freedom tire in iowa. on the list of problems they listed cradle - bent? what is a cradle. couldnt find any info. can anyone help

you should ask freedom. they are the ones who said you should swap it out. i've never heard of it.

yea u told me that and i plan on it. thare closed right now so i figured i'd ask it as its own question. see if anything might show up.

There is no sub-frame or cradle on a CRX, its called a cross member. You have two of them in the front, one beneath the radiator and another one if you look down between intake mani and firewall. It will need to be put on a frame machine to make 100% sure that it is bent.

so ur saying that thare might not even be anything wrong? i was told earlier that it might be atached to the chassis. anyways it was overlooked by freedom tire in des moines iowa . they are apart of goodyear and napa. do u think they'd just say that or did they test it?

so ur saying that thare might not even be anything wrong? i was told earlier that it might be atached to the chassis. anyways it was overlooked by freedom tire in des moines iowa . they are apart of goodyear and napa. do u think they'd just say that or did they test it?

An alignment rack and a frame machine are two very different pieces. You need to take it to a body shop so they can look at it.

all they said was cradle - bent on my service report. engine cradle makes sense. but now im hearing its not even a cradle and now im lost. i found someone who is parting out a cr-x and i need to know what to ask for

don't ask for anything. take it to a different shop. do you have a les schwab or discount tire nearby?

no sir i do not. im from iowa. they told me it wouldnt be worth fixing. saying it would cost in excess of 1000 for parts and labor. i laughed. cus now i found all the parts and even more than i need for 450.the question is if its a cross member. what work would need to be done?

well the stock d16a6 is still n great shape. i need to be able to drive it period. im replaceing the bent control arms, spindles, struts, and now cross member. then that makes it driveable and ill just continue saving for that swap

you haven't said anything was wrong with it. you just mentioned a shop saying it was bad. if you can drive it, take it somewhere and get a second opinion before you replace stuff that might not need it.

yea i didnt say the whole thing. just didnt understand cradle. the service statement from freedom after inspection says
2 FT wheels - bent
R,lower C,arm - bent
R,spindle - bent
Boh FT struts
L,spindle - bent
Cradle - bent
15.90$ for inspection

meh, if it drives straight, leave it for now. get it running right first.

oh, post some pics too...

yea if the crossmember is bent then there will be alot more bent also....... so get a sec. opinion......... :werd:

yea thats what they said. and it doesnt drive straight. its rubbing against the wheel well. and if im not holding on to the streering wheel it'll go which ever way its leaning towards. usually left

ok guys. new second opinion received. by mechanic (oldschool). some one i know and trust. he says thare r no crossmembers. it is a cradle. it is what ur motor is bolted to. thare are no crossmembers on front will drive cars.

Back