What is "Love"?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

I have dreamed of one car since I was 15. Which for many of you out there, was when you were 1 years old.

Yeah, I have loved cars like Lamborghinis and Ferraris... Even still have a big crush on the 1st gen Lotus Esprit. I'll own one someday.

I've had some of the cars that I crave, but two cars have ever come to me in my dreams. Good dreams.

Good dreams that in reality have been nightmares. One of these cars was a 1970-1973 Firebird Formula. God, I love those cars. I had 2. One I had for a week before the courts, a hefty fuckin speeding ticket, and my poverty made me get rid of. The second one plagued me with problems and bad timing, and I had to end up Giving it away.

The other car, is actually a 1st gen 4Runner. The ones with the removeable caps. God, I always dreamed of these things, all their buttons and switches, the cramped interior and that bad-ass look of the older Toyota trucks. Every inch of the truck, inside and out, makes me want to spend time in it. I got my first 4Runner in Colorado at the base of Pikes Peak. I drove that up in the mountains EVERY DAY when I lived in Colorado, then I drove it across country to CT where I continued to enjoy it. But my joy was only part-time - My GF had actually bought the truck, and she was the primary user. No matter to me though, because I would own it someday when she got something else.

2 years ago that became the reality. I had my own 4Runner. I could jack that sonuvabitch to the SKY. I could paint it all funky shades of primer and camo. I could do anything I wanted. But,. alas.. it was worn out.

And every fuckin day that it snowed, something critical broke on the truck. When I fixed it (After a month in the garage) and got it back out on the road, it was fine until it either snowed, or rained heavily. Then it was broken again. I decided "enough of this shit" and I rebuilt the motor.

Well, I rebuilt most of the motor. I decided to leave the connector rod bearings alone. Hey, if it aint' broke - dont fix it. And ask Clayton -I have some shitty luck with rod bearings.

So I get it done, took me 4 months. It now has a new head (Not a rebuild), new ISKY megacam and new injectors. Pacesetter header (Ick) and it's at 90% completed. new 33" tires, and suspension on order. But I can't fix this damned fuel leak. Well, I'll send the truck to my buddies shop for repair of this fuel leak.

5 months go by. He never gets around to it. Every week "Tim, get anywhere on the truck?" "Nope... maybe next week". Finally, I forgot I EVEN OWNED A GODDAM 4RUNNER and I stopped calling. I decided to get in touch again. "Tim, get it ready. I'm coming to get it"

The Optima is dead, and it won't idle. the tires are STILL rubbing the fenders. He did NOTHING to it for 5 months. Feh. Anyway, I get it tuned a bit in the rain, and bring her home.

10 minutes into the ride, I'm enjoying all the power of the new cam and setup. It's beautiful. I barely touch the throttle to go. I didn't know life could be this good. I'm in my DREAM vehicle, and nothing can stop me.

Remember the rod bearings ? Yeah, they stopped me. Blew em.

So here it is, massive amounts of rain, upcoming snow, and the bottom end decides to let loose. BACK IN THE GARAGE for the 3RD winter.. I have a 4Runner that has YET to see snow for me.

ARGH !

So you're thinking "Well shit, Uncle Cel, what the hell are you going to do? Sell the goddam thing?"

NO! muahahahahahahaha I'm rebuilding it muahahahahahahah

I'm fuckin sick. 280k miles, and I just ordered a rebuilt crank from ebay, WITH the bearings pre-installed, and the motor is coming out and getting done a 3rd time in 100 miles. HOOOOOOOOOOOllly shit I'm stupid.

sounds a little like a money pit to me. My prelude was a money pit. ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you my dream car is the prelude i had. that bitch was sexy, but yeah. never had to money to fix it and it broke at an extremely wrong time. sold it to phyre. if he doesnt get it workin, i'll fly back to CT and kill him. i'll kill him until he's dead

That, I must say, is a very strange "dream car"..

But then again, If it is your dream car and it IS affordable, more power to ya.

I mean, I want a fucking Saleen S7. Will I ever get one? Hell no I will never get one. So I will never get my dream car. Again, more power to ya.

P.S. If you love the car, no amount of money is too much. I always loved the 2nd gen CRX's.. So I bought one and dumped over $7000 into it. well, that is total cost.. So I dumped 5k into it after purchase.

But, I had to get rid of it for the lack of back seats. And no, I wasn't going to put both of my children in a tiny ass JDM rear seat.. That would be a PITA to get em in and out every time.

P.S. I know where there is a CLEAN crx with a "30k" ZC swap. $1500.. but its hidden.. and has been for about a year and a half now. So I'm planning on robbing her of it for like $800.. It needs a starter. I have one : )

I'm having suck a hard time thinking about getting rid of my Coupe. Put so much work into it - and I really don't want to sell it. But I want a hatch, and more power. It's become sort of an icon for myself around town and at college "You see that kid with the black hood?".

I've always had an infatuation with a rare colored EK hatch I saw one day. It was pristine, not a hacked showcar, or modded - but had a rare sea-foam green metallic color on it. It looked 100% stock, but for the life of my I have yet to see another like it. Everyone I hang out with is either getting a WRX, or a EP Si. I want to keep it EG/EK.

This summer I plan on either selling the coupe outright, using my savings and that profit to buy a swapped hatch (EK), or buying an EG hatch and moving all my suspension parts onto that.

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm having suck a hard time thinking about getting rid of my Coupe. Put so much work into it - and I really don't want to sell it. But I want a hatch, and more power. It's become sort of an icon for myself around town and at college "You see that kid with the black hood?".

I've always had an infatuation with a rare colored EK hatch I saw one day. It was pristine, not a hacked showcar, or modded - but had a rare sea-foam green metallic color on it. It looked 100% stock, but for the life of my I have yet to see another like it. Everyone I hang out with is either getting a WRX, or a EP Si. I want to keep it EG/EK.

This summer I plan on either selling the coupe outright, using my savings and that profit to buy a swapped hatch (EK), or buying an EG hatch and moving all my suspension parts onto that.

midori green y0.

I've only seen like 3 of them, ever.

I stripped the trunk to a shell in 3 hours. That included cutting the roof off so I can have the rare sunroof.

Doors, gate, carpets,... Seriously, the thing must weigh 1000 pounds now. I gutted it. And now it's strewn about my garage in piles.

Oh, and I am getting a car that I never thought I would. This way I won't be forced into buying the wrong 4Runner. I can take my time.

Hint: It's not quite a WRX.

ding ding ding

91 Subaru Loyale wagon. 4WD, same color scheme as the Civic. 130k miles, 5 speed, part-time 4WD. PW / PL / PM / tilt, wiper... all options but sunroof, turbo,digital dash and cruise.

The body is good, but it's rusted (Hey.. New England) and I got it for $800. I'll pick it up when I return from North Carolina

Now let me go off topic for a minute: Did you know there is NO aftermarket support for Loyales.... AT ALL ?! Not even wheels can be had for the 4x140mm bolt pattern. Except some crappy garbage from Peugeot in 1983. Feck.

I guess you can side-drill 6x140 Ford wheels in steel (Like Wagon wheels) which I will do. I will cut out the rust and extend the fender radius by about 6 inches and stuff the biggest, most obnoxious wheels in there that I can. Maybe 15"x7.5" :)

Then the trademark Celerity Garden trim airdam, because the nose looks like shit without one, and I'll be done. I was thinking of a roof-mounted lighting system, and maybe a tailgate spare carrier. Dunno.

But yeah, Celerity with a 4 door. do I hear the horsemen ?

LOL, you guys are funny. I have seen that color of civic before, my old high school history teacher had one (she was asian, and hot, only asian I ever thought was hot), and there are a few around on campus. Maybe they are more common in Cali; another good thing about the state! (add that to the other two or three, lol jk)
My dream car is an Alex Zanardi Edition NSX with a comptech supacharger. Those cars are pure sex. Period. I don't care if my buddy in his modded WRX can keep up with me, I am buying one purely for the blingage factor. Did I mention it is sexy? That is also something the subaru is not. I'll keep my 1991 integra for the track though. I will always love that thing. She is my current money pit. Oh yeah, my 2005 R6 is awesome as well, but I really want an RC51, it's just always been my favorite bike, just the looks and sound make me drool.

Brats have been done before. Same problems with aftermarket support, but people are more akin to perform the fabs and mods to get the job done with something that is unique or cool, like the Brat.

Their ain't shit for the Broodwagon, not even Sundried tomatoes.

Like I said, I need to make a progression here. I'll do the minor fab work for the Subaru, because when this is done it's time to scratch build, or get a really good kit.

-> Steve

New Blog entry has some pics. Also, check out my galleries.

This:
gallery_28114_460_90846.jpg

From This:
gallery_28114_460_42421.jpg

Think it's possible ?

Back