What is you entertainment setup?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
Basically i was deleting old photos on photobucket and came across some of my old home entertainment photos.

setup.jpg

Thats an old one, I labeled it for someone on honda-tech a while back, because they wondered what my components were. But I have since upgraded in the past 2 months and got a 42 inch plasma :)

plasma.jpg

(taken with cellphone) It is a great TV and i got it for under 1500 new. I know I know plasmas have burn in but this thing was a huge upgrade over my old 30 inch widescreen crt. Basically the specs in a briew paragraph...

Pioneer PDP4271HD 42 in. HDTV PureVision Plasma TV

High Definition Resolution (1024 x 768)
42” Diagonal / 16:9 Wide-Screen Aspect Ratio
Improved Panel Efficiency
Fully Integrated Bottom Speaker
1080p/24Hz Compatibility for HDMI and Component
Built in Scaler
10000:1 Contrast Ratio

My receiver is a Sony something or other model number, it is basically an 800 total watt surround sound, and for my dvd player i use the xbox 360 with the hd dvd drive.

So basically the point of the post... snap a quick pic and give us some details on what your boob tube looks like :D

god, my place has changed so much... hard to beleive how different it looks now. (will post updated pics later in the remodel thread)

anyway, here's mine.

Sammy 1080p 50"
onkyo 601
infinity primus 5.1

Attachments

• PICT0371.JPG
    PICT0371.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 262
If you could do it all over again... would you buy the same receiver/speaker setup? I am looking into upgrading in the next few months, and not sure yet what to get. I am gonna do more research first.

receiver, no.... but only because it's old and i bought it before hdmi was mainsteam, so it lacks those inputs.
speakers, fuck yes. crutchfield has them on closeout.

receiver, no.... but only because it's old and i bought it before hdmi was mainsteam, so it lacks those inputs.
speakers, fuck yes. crutchfield has them on closeout.
Even today HDMI isnt on the market as much as I would like. For under 500 bills you can get an HDMI reciever that offers video only... WTF so having the neat SINGLE HDMI cable means having to buy audio cables too?

anywho. my setup.

https://hondaswap.com/computers-games-electronics-etc/warning-show-off-thread-dont-click-82549/

1.jpg

wow, that cabinet was made for your tv :) I looked into rear projection, but i don't like the viewing angle. The way my living room is, i would like atleast 130* viewing without any shade of black showing.

god, my place has changed so much... hard to beleive how different it looks now. (will post updated pics later in the remodel thread)

anyway, here's mine.

Sammy 1080p 50"
onkyo 601
infinity primus 5.1

y0 B - how bout a poster or something for those walls :ph34r:

I don't have an entertainment setup yet... but this thread will give me good ideas to work with. I plan on getting my HD boob tube with my tax return... something between 36 and 42 inches. Nothing too big. The rest of it will be my Myth setup which I am sure everyone is tired of hearing about :)

My setup costs...

Cabinet $98 - Best Buy (retail 149.99)
TV $1400 - Best Buy (retail 2,499.99)
Surround Sound $180 - Best Buy (retail 220.99)
Xbox 360 - $400
HDDVD drive - $200

Free cable through comcast :) So all together 2278 for a pretty bitchin setup. My surround sound is pretty clear and can get loud. All I need and I have HD dvds playing in 1080p so i get a crisp clean picture. I am always lookign to upgrade bu tthe woman feels i have spent enough.

Back